Sunday, February 15, 2009

What I'd Wear to Fashion Week

All this fashion week coverage has made me wish that I was there (of course), which always leads me to thinking about what I'd wear, which ends up with me spending two hours on Net-A-Porter drooling. Anyways, here's what I'd wear to shows, one formal and one slightly less formal outfit.

Phillip Lim Embellished Jersey Tee, $375 at net-a-porter.com, Moschino Cheap & Chic bow-tie skirt, $475 at net-a-porter.com, Rachel Gilbert Scottie sequin dress, $875 at net-a-porter.com. Outfit #1: Phillip Lim tee tucked into this adorable Moschino skirt. This works for day-time shows/presentations, going out to lunch/dinner, etc. Plus, both the tee and the skirt have interesting details that elevate the outfit. Outfit #2: this sequin dress is perfect for evening show and cocktails because it's sexy, but not too short/revealing, and it's chic and fashion forward, but still young and fun.

Pedro Garcia Suede T-bar Sandals, $550 at net-a-porter.com, APC Boyfriend Blazer, $330 at net-a-porter.com, Foley & Corinna Jet Set Jr., $528 at neimanmarcus.com. I'd pair both of these outfits with this APC blazer, Pedro Garcia heels, Foley & Corinna bag, and any pair of black tights (I'm trying to be practical. It's hard for me.). You know how much I love the blazer/tee/skirt combo, and the blazer makes the light-weight tee a little more winter appropriate. It also makes the sequin dress a little more interesting (and warm!), and not just a typical 'party outfit.' The black heels and bag are both streamlined and versatile, but practical. Platform heels are much comfier for running after cabs than pumps, and a big bag holds a phone/water bottle/iPod/camera/anything else you'd need.

Image Sources:
APC Blazer: net-a-porter.com
Phillip Lim Tee: net-a-porter.com
Moschino Skirt: net-a-porter.com
Rachel Gilbert Scottie dress: net-a-porter.com
Pedro Garcia Heels: net-a-porter.com
Foley & Corinna Jet Set Junior Bag: neimanmarcus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails