Friday, February 13, 2009

MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Fun & Games

After Maudie and I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic, we had to hit up MAC, of course. I had to see the Hello Kitty Collection in person, especially after seeing this crazy MAC promo video. What's with the Hello Kitty man kitties? Weirdness. Anyways, about the makeup. First off, I love the packaging. Hello Kitty took over MAC's usual black boxes and covered them in pink and Hello Kitty heads. I don't even like Hello Kitty and I think this stuff is adorable. I ended up getting the Beauty Powder Blush in Fun & Games, because I wanted more blush and peach is a big makeup trend for spring, but if you can stop by a MAC store I'd also recommend looking at the Tinted Lip Conditioner in Popster, which is a really bright, fun pink, and the Beauty Powder Blush in Tippy, a very bright, blue-based pink blush.




On to the blush (sorry for the crappy pics!). The packaging is freaking cute. The blush comes in a fat window compact with a giant Hello Kitty on the lid, and it looks like pink glitter was mixed into the black plastic. Yes, it's super girly, but it's really fun and makes me smile whenever I look at it. As for the blush itself, I'm really liking the MAC formula. This is my first MAC blush, but they seem really finely milled, so the blush blends perfect into your skin, and they have just the right amount of subtle shimmer. It goes on fairly sheerly, so you can build up the color to your liking. It's peachy with just a hint of pink, and it actually looks really natural. I'm pale, so on me it's kind of like a very, very soft bronzer/blush. It's a little brighter than in the photos above, and it gives a nice healthy glow. I'm really happy I got this, I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it. So run to your local MAC store (or maccosmetics.com) today! Seriously. This stuff is flying off the shelves, and for a good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails