Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The One Thing I Hate About Winter...

...Is dry skin. Cold, dry winter air plus hot, dry indoor heating = all the moisture getting sucked out of your skin. And since I'm in the middle of my Retin-A (aka topical Accutane) cycle, my skin is super, super dry. I've tried masks, moisturizers, cream cleansers, really anything that promises to keep my skin from peeling and flaky, but nothing seems to do the trick. So I'm taking the next step people. That's right: serums.

Why? Because I can't think of anything else and I'm going to lose my freaking mind (I'm currently carrying around a giant tub of Cetaphil in my purse, do
not mock me Maudie :P) and because serums are supposed to actually penetrate the skin's surface instead of lying on top of it like moisturizers tend to do.

I know, serums are hardcore skin care, and usually run upwards of about $100. That's why I haven't bothered with them yet. But lately I've found a few slightly cheaper options that seem to be giving really good results.

Lather Moisture Magnet Serum: $48 for 1 oz. at lather.com. This got a glowing review on the Glamour Beauty Blog, and it's not that steep;y priced comparatively. And I really wish my face was a moisture magnet. Sigh.


Clarins HydrQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase: $58 for 1 oz. at sephora.com. One, the blue color is so pretty, and two, it's Clarins. Enough said.


Peter Thomas Roth Radiance Oxygenating Serum, $65 for 1 oz. at sephora.com. I loveee PTR, and the idea of an oxygenating serum is fantastic.


Dior HydrAction Deep Hydration Radical Serum, $70 for 1.7 oz. at sephora.com. This is actually the cheapest per ounce (about $41), and it got really nice reviews on the Sephora website...


PS: Check eBay for deals on all of these. I know some people are sketched out buying beauty products on eBay, but 99% of the time they're in an unopened box because someone forgot to return them, got them as a present, etc. I buy tons of beauty products on eBay and I've never been disappointed.

Image Sources:
Lather Serum: lather.com
Clarins Serum: sephora.com
Peter Thomas Roth Serum: sephora.com
Dior Serum: sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails