Monday, February 9, 2009

Review: MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer

I said I'd find a way to get this, and I did! And no, I don't feel guilty about guilt-tripping my parents into it. Okay, maybe I feel a teensy bit guilty. But this way TOTALLY worth it.
Let me give you some background. I have pale, very, very dry skin with mild acne/acne scarring. It's really hard to find a concealer that covers acne scars with making them flake and covers up existing acne with making me breakout any more (I use Makeup Forever Lift concealer for undereye circles, that's a different story). I've been using Makeup Forever Full Cover concealer, but it doesnt' give very full coverage and it can look flaky and gross. So, when I heard MAC had this new concealer and saw the glowing reviews on Makeup Alley (seriously, it's loved), I had to run out and buy it.

This was probably the best experience I've had at MAC, because usually their SAs are like semi-hostile and glare at you the entire time and don't let you touch anything, but today they were super helpful and helped colormatch me. Even if you don't want this concealer, I seriously suggest going to MAC and figuring out what shade you are because a lot of different companies and makeup reviewers use the MAC shade scale for reference. The colors have two categories, NC (neutral cool), for which is for cool/pinker complexions, and NW (neutral warm), for is for warm complexions, and the tones run from 15 (the lightest) to 55 (the darkest). I'm pretty pale with warm/yellow tones, so I'm an NW15. Someone slightly darker than me (Maudie) would be a NW25, and so on.


Anyways, on to the concealer. The studio sculpt concealer comes in a little glass put (not hygenic, but very pretty). It's a gel-based cream formula (and yes, it has silicone in it, but it hasn't clogged my pores at all) that was created and tested at Fashion Week, so you know it's hardcore. Since it's pretty thick and comes in a pot I'd recommend applying it with a concealer brush (check out MAC's version here). The creamy formula keeps flakes at bay and can be build up to pretty high coverage. The best thing about it was that it actually looked like my skin, not like I'd put concealer on it and you could kind of tell that it was there. And OMG, the price. It's freaking $16.50. That's like half of what my old concealer cost, and you get 5.5 grams of product, which is a lot more than it seems. BUY THIS. SERIOUSLY. This is my HG concealer for sure.

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer, available for $16.50 at maccosmetics.com.

Image Sources:
Concealer: makeupalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails