Sunday, February 22, 2009

Red Carpet: Marisa Tomei, Amanda Seyfried, Natalie Portman

Here's Natalie Portman, Marisa Tomei, and Amanda Seyfried:



I applaud Natalie Portman for wearing Rodarte, because I don't think they get a lot of red carpet attention. I just have to say, I love this dress. I love the color, I love the pleating, the gentle a-line skirt. What I have a problem with is her tan. It's not as bad in this picture, but she didn't even try to hide the tan lines. It's just that her normal paleness would have worked so well with this lilacy dress, and her new tan really doesn't. Her hair looks fantastic though. I wish I could say the same for her makeup. I love the smoky eye, but that under the cheekbone contouring is seriously aging her. Did I mention how much I love that dress?



Amanda Seyfried in Valentino. Well, I love her hair and makeup...and her necklace...and her shoes...and I can't help it, I hate that dress. Like really hate it. She looks like a Christmas present, it doesn't fit quite right, it makes her look 20 pounds heavier than she is, it's just so...not flattering. Why? Why?!



Marisa Tomei in Versace. That is a train. She is not messing around. But she's always a little quirky, and I'm glad she didn't tone it down for the Oscars, because I feel like this is a little crazy, but I feel like it kind of works. I love the asymmetry, I love all the geometric pleating, I really love that she didn't try to bling it up, and I love that her gown actually does her body justice. I mean, damn. Not fair.

Image Sources:
Marisa Tomei: fabsugar.com
Amanda Seyfried: fabsugar.com
Natalie Portman: movies.popcrunch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails