Sunday, February 1, 2009

Spring Trends: Pants!

Ok, so when I did my post on what Spring trends I was super excited for, I forgot pants! Pants are back! And not skinny jeans or skinny pants or whatever that whole deal was (can't. contain. hatred. of. skinny. jeans), but real pants! I'm really, really excited for this. Pants and I have kind of been having a tiff for the last few seasons, but I think we're going to be making up real soon.

Now, make no mistake, I'm not condoning the whole 'harem pants' thing. I won't even get into that craziness. I'm talking about the new slouchy, sexy trouser. Either full length or cropped and rolled at the ankle, these are androgyny at its best. They're comfy, easy to wear, and chic. What else could you want?

Images from Nicole Miller, DSquared, Louis Vuitton (ignore the hair! ignore the hair!), and Richard Chai. I love the slightly cropped looks at Nicole Miller and Richard Chai, but I think the rolled cuff at Richard Chai is particularly adorable. DSquared has this whole 70's Charlie's Angels vibe (love, love, love), and if those Louis Vuitton pants came in black I would have already started a 'Save Megan's Pants' Fund and gotten on that. Sigh.


I found a couple of retail dupes for these pantalones. First off, we have the cropped/rolled boyfriend pant (I know Maud hates these, but I love them and I just can't help myself). On the left, J. Brand Boyfriend jeans, $225 at shopbop.com, and on the right, Current/Elliot Boyfriend Cropped jeans, about $229 at shopbop.com


Next, there's the slouchy, menswearish trouser pant by Alexander Wang, $395 at lagarconne.com. Ok, how comfy do those look? Comfy, but not sloppy. Aka perfection. Drool. On the right there are the 7 for All Mankind Ginger Trousers, about $143 at chickdowntown.com. I actually own a pair of these in a lighter wash, and I highly recommend them. (Check eBay for good deals. I got mine for $60 and they are fab). I love the high rise because it eliminates all muffintop tendencies, which is always a plus, and the wideleg is just a hint of 70's without being too literal/dated. PS if you buy them, get them hemmed. Don't be like this model and come down with the jean-eating-shoe virus.


Alice and Olivia Cargo Pants, about $286 at shopbop.com. Yes. The cargo pant is back. If Harper's Bazaar says it, it must be true. I know, everyone has a reflexive early 2000's induced nightmare flashback at the mention of cargo pants, but think about it for a second. Kate Hudson has been rocking them for years, and they look fab on her. Slightly boho, but kind of refreshing. Wants it.


Image Sources:
Nicole Miller: harpersbazaar.com
DSquared: harpersbazaar.com
Louis Vuitton: coutorture.com
Richard Chai: coutorture.com
J. Brand jeans: shopbop.com
Current/Elliot jeans: shopbop.com
Alexander Wang pants: lagarconne.com
7 for All Mankind Ginger jeans: chickdowntown.com
Alice and Olivia Cargo pants: shopbop.com

1 comment:

  1. I found a couple of retail dupes for these pantalones. First off, we have the cropped/rolled boyfriend pant (I know Maud hates these, but I love them and I just can't help myself). On the left, J. Brand Boyfriend jeans, $225 at shopbop.com, and on the right, Current/Elliot Boyfriend Cropped jeans, about $229 at shopbop.com fancy bed sheets in pakistan online , mattress topper covers ,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails