Friday, February 27, 2009

Boots Botanics Waterproof Mascara

I think I've made it really clear that I hate mascara. It smudges, it flakes, it clumps, it gives me raccoon face, the list goes on and on and on. And I wear contacts, which means I'm always having to put in eye drops, and I've never been able to find a mascara that can stand up to that. Waterproof does not always mean waterproof. But, I might have to my words. I was at Target today picking up some hair color (which I will eventually get around to reviewing), and I got sucked into the Boots display. They redid all their packaging, and have some really cute stuff ($4 eyeshadow! $4!), and I had a gift card, so I bought some of the Botanics Waterproof mascara in Brown/Black on a whim, and wore it all afternoon.



First off, the price is great. It's like $7. That's like 1/3 the price of Diorshow (which is crap, btws). The packaging is cute and sleek, just a plain silver tube, and the brush is the typical mascara brush (you can see it in the picture). I got Brown/Black on accident, (I was aiming for black), but I'm pretty happy with the color. It's a very soft, natural looking black. The application is pretty good; it goes on a little clumpy, but that's easily fixed with a lash comb or a few wiggles of the brush. As for volume and length, it doesn't give all that much. My lashes looked a little fuller, a little longer, and a little darker, but no one would be asking me if I was wearing false lashes. Honestly, that doesn't really bother me though. I have pretty good lashes already, and I don't need all that much by way of mascara, so this subtle, natural look definitely works for me. The thing that really makes this mascara a winner is that it's actually waterproof. For serious. I put this on and wore it for a few hours, then took a shower than involved lots of face/towel scrubbing (I dyed my eyebrows when I dyed my hair, and I had to get the dye off somehow), and it didn't even smudge! Not once! I give it an 8/10 (two points off for minor clumping and minor length/volume improvement).

So, if you want a cheap, low-maintenance, actually waterproof mascara (that's technically from Europe, always a plus), head over to Target/target.com and snatch this stuff up. It's definitely worth it!

$6.99 at target.com

Image Sources:
Boots Mascara: target.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails