Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And Yet Another Roundup

I keep trying to keep it to only six shots and I keep failing miserably. I get very over-enthusiastic about Fashion Week. Humor me. Besides, London Fashion Week's next and that's only like three days long (They so got jipped). And then it's just Milan...and Paris...and I have a feeling this is gonna go on for awhile.

Marc by Marc Jacobs, Rodarte. Marc by Marc wasn't quite the showstopper that Marc was, but it was still a cute, wearable take on Native American inspired grunge. Which is exactly what it sounds like. Lots of geometric patterns, knits, layers, boots. Check out the awesome scarf, bag, and belt below. I want them all...Rodarte was amazing, as usual (I'm not biased because they're from my hometown...definitely not...). It was a little remeniscient of last season's Balenciage, but done in a totally organic, Rodarte way. The thigh high leather boots might not be all that wearable, but the detailed, layered minis? Totally party ready. Especially the one on the right. So darn cute.

Sophie Theallet, Tibi, Badgley Mischka. Sophie Theallet was a pared down, ballerina hippie. Pick up a floaty, 70s inspired dress at your local flea market, anchor it with a pair of short boots, and skip the horizontal headband (way too Axel Rose). And, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like your Uggs have a real world use. Roll the tops down all the way, pair them with a cute dress, and it could actually look chic. I know this sounds weird, but I like the dress/neck scarf combo at Tibi. It completely winterizes a summery dress. I just checked, and eBay has a ton of cheap, faux-fur collars if anyone wants to replicate the look. Badgley Mischka is always reliable for a dose of glam. Adding a layer of chiffon over the sequin column dress takes it from typical eveningware to red carpet ready. Drool.

Matthew Williamson, Cynthia Steffe, Derek Lam. I like the neck collar again! I know. Fashion week's been going on so long I'm starting to lose it. But, even if you ignore the orange scarfy thing, the skinny pants/leggings, long orange cardigan, metallic belt combo is genius. The sweater doubles as a dress in a pinch, and the best part is, you probably already own all the outfit components. Talk about shopping your own closet. Take that, recession! That Cynthia Steffe dress might be my favorite look of the day. There have been a lot of one-shouldered dress, and a lot of sequin shifts, but not very many combinations of the two. I didn't know what I was missing. The chiffon sleeve and hem totally make that dress. It's just so cute, I want to just fly to NYC and steal it. I mean...buy it. Yeah. That. And finally, there's Derek Lam. If you just shorten the blazer about 2-3 inches in your head, that look is adorable. Boyish blazers and body-con mini dresses were made for each other.

Coming tomorrow: Phillip Lim!!! I know. I can't contain myself either.
Image Sources:
Marc by Marc: style.com
Rodarte: style.com
Sophie Theallet: style.com
Tibi: style.com
Badgley Mischka: style.com
Matthew Williamson: style.com
Cynthia Steffe: style.com
Derek Lam: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails