Monday, March 9, 2009

What I'd be wearing to Paris Fashion Week

I think I've made it clear that I won't/can't attend any of Paris Fashion Week (still in denial), but that doesn't stop me from daydreaming about what I'd wear to the shows. I mean, what else am I supposed to do during class? I'd want to wear something light and floaty, since it is almost spring, but also something on-trend, and anchored down by more serious accessories.

DVF Chiffon Flutter Sleeve Dress, $445 at net-a-porter.com, DVF Staedtler Jacket, $595 at dvf.com. I think Whitney Port was almost there, but I don't like her dress. I'd pair that black and white striped jacket with another DVF dress (which I am so beyond in love with). The pattern on the dress is small and dense enough that it wouldn't compete with the bold stripes, and the graphic, sharp jacket pulls the floaty, chiffon dress back down to earth and out of hippie territory.


Marni T-bar Suede Sandals, $845 at net-a-porter.com, Miu Miu Crinkle Patent Tote, $1,195 at net-a-porter.com. These Marni heels work with the jacket to anchor the lower half of the outfit, but the muted colors don't detract from the pattern mixing going on up top (and platforms are way comfier than pumps!). The bag works because it's big enough for all the stuff I'd be carrying around with me (I put way too much thought into this), and because the navy shade is a neutral that won't compete with the patterns, but the patent texture and shape are unique enough not to have the bag overpowered by the rest of the outfit.


Image Sources:
DVF Dress: net-a-porter.com
DVF Jacket: glamour.com
Marni Heels: net-a-porter.com
Miu Miu Tote: net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails