Monday, March 30, 2009

Review: Diorshow Powder Blush

This is a review for Dior's Diorshow Powder Blush in Catwalk Pink 003. I have very mixed feelings about this one--I'll explain below.



First off, this blush ain't cheap. I got mine for free for some reason I can't remember, but it's $43 for a small tangerine-sized container (I can't think of a better way to describe it). Personally, that's more than I spend on tiny blush containers, but that's just me. As for the blush itself, I really like the actual formula. It's extremely finely-milled, so it goes on really smoothly and almost looks airbrushed. It also has lots and lots of teensy silver glitter in it, so if you don't want a glittery blush, don't even look at this. I wouldn't say that the glitter is overwhelming, but it's noticeable. As for the color, I really like it! It's a very blue-based, baby doll light pink, perfect for pale skin or achieving the porcelain doll look (which I love).

I do have a couple of problems with this blush, however. I hate the applicator/container. The built-in puff is cute, but makes it extremely difficult to control how much blush I'm putting on and where it goes, which is kind of the point with blush. I end up with splotchy blush circles on my cheeks. Not cute. So I'm torn with this. On the one hand, I love the color and the formula, and on the other hand, I hate the price and the container. If you have money to spend and puff-applicator skills, I definitely recommend this, but if not, honestly, don't bother.

Dior Diorshow Powder Blush, $43 at sephora.com

Image Sources:
Blush: sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails