Monday, March 30, 2009

Travel Envy


I have a confession to make. I travel in...sweatpants. I know. I'm only human. But seriously, who wants to wear a tight skirt or stiff jeans for an 8 hour flight? I start getting all fidgety and annoyed within 10 minutes, so I've regressed to a v-neck, sweats, a sweater, and a gigantic scarf. That's why I'm seriously jealous of people who manage to travel gracefully and stylishly, which is why I have to give Whitney Port some serious props here.

Loves it. It looks comfy and easy to travel in, and I love the riff on preppy menswear, but the cropped jeans balance out the boxy jacket perfectly and the dark belt keeps all the oversized pieces from overwhelming her frame. She's wearing an Opening Ceremony Cropped Cable Crewneck, $200 at openingceremony.us, Current/Elliot's Boyfriend Jean in Natural, $224 at singer22.com, and Minnetonka's Kilty Mocassins, $38.95 at minnetonka.com. I think the shoes really make the outfit. They're totally comfy and cute, but a little unexpected at the same time.


Recreate for the look for (a little) less with these 7 For All Mankind Cropped Straight Leg Jeans at shopbop.com, this American Apparel Striped Fleece Raglan Pullover, $43 at americanapparelstore.com, these TOMS University shoes, $58 at tomsshoes.com, and this Love Quotes scarf in Beach, $85 at shopbop.com. The cropped jeans, striped pullover top is very French girl-chic, but comfy and warm (and affordable). The scarf is lightweight, but keeps the plane A/C from getting too chilly, and the TOMS shoes are not only super-awesomely charitable (they donate a pair to an impoverished child for each pair you buy) but also really cute (and again, comfy).


So it's not that hard to look cute while jetsetting--thank you Whitney Port. Pair some cropped, slim pants with a cute pullover top, and some practical, chic accessories, and you are good to go! I know my travelling ensembles will be getting a little cuter. I just need to have a moment with my beloved sweats first...

Image Sources:
Whitney Port: whowhatweardaily.com
Jeans: shopbop.com
American Apparel top: americanapparelstore.com
TOMS Shoes: tomsshoes.com
Love Quotes scarf: shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails