Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nars Lipgloss in Stella

I collect lip gloss like some people collect stamps. There are so many sparkly colors, and so many different shades, and so many formulations, and....my bank account is empty. I've been trying to cut back, but I had a little relapse. I bought another one. I've been eying Nars lip gloss in Dolce Vita for a few months now, and I went into Sephora to check it one last time before committing (my makeup life is so melodramatic). I tried Dolce Vita on, loved it (it's a fantastic dusky rose shade, I highly recommend), but on my way out I saw a Nars lip gloss called Stella. Of course, I had to try it on. You know, for the blog's sake. But it was fate--I'm in love.

Stella is very similar to Dolce Vita, but slightly lighter and sheerer. It's a rosy, subdued raspberry shade with
subtle pink glitter. The formulation isn't sticky at all (I hate getting hair caught in my gloss), and the gloss leaves a bit of a stain on your lips, giving you that "I just ate a cherry popsicle" look. I wanted a gloss with a bit more color to it, and this fits the bill perfectly. It's my lips but better, just the low-maintence look I wanted for spring. As for the lasting power, I'd say it's pretty good for a gloss. It comes in a rectangular plastic tube with a doe-foot applicator, and you get a good amount of gloss for the price. It is a bit expensive at $24, but I'd say it's definitely worth it for this fantastic of a shade.

Nars Lip Gloss in Stella, $24 at sephora.com (their swatch is actually pretty accurate!).



Image Sources:
Stella: beauty.com

PS: here's a quick tip for getting the most out of your lip glosses. Over time, the gloss settles on the sides of the tube, so it seems like the tube is pretty much empty because you can't get any gloss on the applicator. All it takes is about 10 minutes to save yourself $20 on new gloss. Fill a mug of water almost to the top and microwave it for 5 minutes. Then, place all your "empty" glosses upright in the mug and leave them there for 5-10 minutes. The heat causes the gloss to liquify (don't worry, it doesn't hurt the gloss), and melt down the sides of the tube down to where the applicator is. Almost a third of the gloss can end up on the sides, and that $20 is worth more now than ever. Invest in a new eyeliner instead! (kidding. kind of).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails