Friday, March 6, 2009

Paris Round-up #1

It's Paris Fashion Week! Ahhhh this is my favorite time of the year. I love Paris because the big guns come out right away. Check out Balmain, Balenciage, and Nina Ricci below.

All Balmain: I just have to get this out of my system. I LOVE BALMAIN. @#^#@$@%. Love. Lots of tight, super mini-dresses, with sequin, stud, or leather detailing. The neckline on the first dress is fantastic, I love the geometric lines on the second dress, and I would sell my kidney for that skirt in the middle. Drapey tee + rocker chic, heavily embellished skirt = big ball of amazingness.


All Balmain: Another sequined skirt! There were lots of his signature sharp shouldered jackets, this time with a little less of a military vibe and some cute sequin trim. And how gorgeous is that half-gown? It would be so dramatic walking down a red carpet. Drool.


All Nina Ricci: If Olivier Theyskens is fired, I quit. I don't know what I'm quitting, but I quit. Just look at this collection. The man is a genius. A kooky genius, but a genius. The ombre, turquoise detailing on that black mini-dress is beyond words (just like those platform shoes). The sculptural leather jacket and sequin purple dress is gorgeous, and the lines on the black dress are undescribably amazing. They're so subtle, but so unreal.


Azzaro, Balenciaga, Rue du Mail. The combination of simple LBD with big bow neckline is super-girly, but chic. As always, Balenciaga is fantastic. That tuxedo jacket and those pants will be mine. And so will that wide collared jacket from Rue du Mail. I've never seen an entirely light gray outfit look so rich.


Image Sources:
Nina Ricci: style.com
Azzaro: style.com
Balenciaga: style.com
Rue du Mail: style.com
Balmain: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails