Thursday, March 12, 2009

Paris Round-up #6

So Paris Fashion Week is coming to a close (sniffle--still waiting on my beloved Miu Miu), but it's given me plenty of fashionyness (yes, I just made that a word) to drool over for the next few months, namely the full-fledged return of Chloe! Read on.

Hermes, Hermes, Kenzo: The Hermes show was fantastic--lots of slightly retro, aviator inspired clothes (I guess we're going to war against the economy? If it stays the way it is now I will not be able to buy these clothes, and that is a serious problem), lots of furry collars and headpieces. Skip the fur turbans, but I've said it once and I'll say it again, adding a faux-fur collar to an old coat can make it as good as new again. As for new coats, that Hermes grey toggle one is pretty freaking awesome, especially over that floaty dress. The long version of that dress (I have no idea what the print is, but I like it!) is equally chic. Now, I don't know much about Kenzo, but I have to give them props for styling. I mean, a Barbour-esque anoraky coat over a beaded slip dress? I would have never put that together, but it's the perfect mix of rugged and refined. And I want those riding boots.

Collette Dinnigan, Collette Dinnigan, Elie Saab: Three great red-carpet ready options. Collette Dinnigan showed this adorable silver mini dress and black gown. I love the richness of the detail on the mini dress--the pattern is so subtle, but adds so much depth to the overall look. I don't know what kind of detailing is going on on that black dress (are those grommets?) but the silhouette is striking. And I can seriously see 10 Hollywood starlets begging for that Elie Saab gown. The greenish-gray shade is odd but somehow works with the one-shoulder/draped/sweetheart bodice (that's a mouthful) and that skirt has such great movement! Love.

All Chloe: Chloe is back! I know it never technically went anywhere, but ever since Phoebe Philo left it just hasn't been the same. Hannah MacGibbon has brought the easy, boho-chic Chloe back from the dead, and I couldn't be happier. First off, just look at the shoes! Those bejewelled sandals on the left are definitely becoming a DIY project this summer. The menswear-inspired pants are perfectly cut, and work so well with the girly collarless jacket, and that maxi-skirt and oversized blazer combo is divine. Now, I know the shorts on the right are a little scary, but look at that coat! It's just so big, and oversized, and zippery, and I must have it. And that gigantic bag as well.

Image Sources:
Chloe: style.com
Collette Dinnigan: style.com
Elie Saab: style.com
Hermes: style.com
Kenzo: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails