Thursday, March 19, 2009

Review: Benefit Creaseless Shadow in Birthday Suit

Let me just start out by saying that I love this stuff! I use it everyday. Here's why:

First off, you get a good amount of product. It's about 4.5 g (MAC paint pots are about 5 g) in a thick glass pot for $19. It's not exactly cheap, but one pot will last you forever. I've had mine for about 6 months and I've barely made a dent in it. As for the shade, RSVP is a shimmery, golden-beige nude. It's pretty pigmented, but very buildable. You can get just a hint of color or complete coverage. The shimmer is very fine, so when applied it gives the eyelid more of a glow than a 'covered in gigantic glitter' look. This color is perfect for low-maintence days, just swipe a bit of it on with your finger and you instantly look more awake and pulled together. I apply this with my finger because it gets my brushes all dirty (and because I'm lazy).

This is a cream shadow, but it's a very firm cream, definitely not like a Calvin Klein mousse shadow. It goes on very smoothly and evenly, and it's easy to blend. It dries slowly, so you have a few minutes to mess with it before you're out the door. I like to use this as a base under other colors, as it gives deeper shades more depth and seems to make them last longer. It says 'creaseless' but this will crease without a base underneath. Not badly, but it's noticeable.

So why should you buy this instead of all the other nude cream shadows? I like this because it doesn't dry to a powder finish, it looks creamy throughout the day. The eye gloss/shiny eye look is big right now, and this looks just shiny enough to be noticeable without being at all over the top. Plus, in RSVP this shadow doubles as a great under the brow highlighter, so it's multi-purpose! Aside from RSVP, Benefit has a ton of other cute shades. I have Skinny Jeans, which is a nice, medium pewter. The darker shades double as eyeliners as well.



Benefit Cosmetics Creaseless Shadow/Liner, $19 at sephora.com

Image Source:
Birthday Suit: benefitcosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails