Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crest Whitestrips

Alright, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy Crest Whitestrips. I drink lots of coffee. Lots and lots of coffee (probably why I have trouble sleeping, come to think of it), and I've been drinking lots and lots of coffee since I was about thirteen. That's four or five years of coffee drinking, and it adds up. My teeth aren't exactly sparkly white. I won't be scaring small children, but it's gotten to the point where it really annoys me. So, I ran over to Target and picked up the Crest Whitestrips Classic kit ($19.89 at target.com). You get 28 upper and 28 lower strips to last you 14 days, and you're supposed to do one set in the morning and one at night, but you can also do them back to back like I've been doing.

Alright, now for the Whitestrips. They're really easy to apply, it's basically like sticking two pieces of tape on your teeth. I have really big teeth, and they fit me perfectly, but the strips might be a bit big if your teeth are on the smaller side. My one issue with the strips themselves is that they are definitely noticeable. In the commercials it seems like they're completely clear and no one would be able to tell you're wearing them. False. Unless your teeth look bumpy and fuzzy all the time, everyone will be able to tell you've got Whitestrips on. Now, the gel that's attached to the strips (the stuff that does the actual whitening) does burn my lips if I get some on them, but it hasn't bothered my gums yet. If you do have really sensitive gums, this probably isn't for you. Also, if you have really sensitive teeth, skip this. I have teeth of steel (no really, 10 years of braces and my mouth is numb), and even I start feeling a little sensitive after the second set of strips.

I've only been using these for two days, but I can already tell that my teeth are about a shade whiter, so it's definitely working, and it's way cheaper than professional whitening. I'll update you guys when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails