Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Paris Round-up #4

Here it is, Fashion Week round-up #43443068308. Maybe that was a little melodramatic. I know that for a lot of people these posts may be annoying/irrelevant, but I'm really just doing them so I can keep track of what's going on, and eventually get around to figuring out what some of the upcoming trends are going to be, and then posting on those. Because I know everyone out there is just chomping at the bit to get started on their fall shopping. And by everyone I mean me. :)

All Stella McCartney. Stella McCartney is amazing. Her perfume is amazing, her clothes are amazing, her dad is amazing (and going to be at Coachella!!!!!!!). In short, I worship the ground she walks on. I mean, look at these clothes. Can you blame me? The cut on that first dress is impeccable, and I love the stark print mixed with the slinky fit. That slipdress combines the sheer, ruffle, and bright color trends in a way that somehow looks elegant and understated, and OMG I would sell my little brother into the slave trade for that last dress. This the best I've seen sheer panels and lace done all season. It's so casually, unconciously sexy. I die.


Viktor & Rolf, Giambattista Valli, Giambattista Valli. Viktor & Rolf are always entertaining. This show felt a little more devoid of their trademark theatrics than usual, but there were a few more wearable clothes to make up for it. This shift dress looks comfy and relaxed, and the concrete/rock-like print, sparkly details, and swag drapery at the bottom take it out of t-shirt dress category and into something almost cocktail appropriate. Giambattista Valli is always reliable for red carpet worthy gowns, and this season focused on draped and ruched jersey in gorgeous jewel tones. I love the necklines on these two dresses. They aren't expected, but manage to be chic, elegant, and off-beat all at the same time. The wide belts work perfectly with the gentle a-line skirts, and the peacock feather print on that red dress is stunning.


Image Sources:
Viktor & Rolf: style.com
Stella McCartney: style.com
Giambattista Valli: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails