Sunday, March 22, 2009

Review: Chanel Glossimer in Magnifique

Good, everyday perfect lip glosses are hard to find. I mean, you have your special occasion lip glosses, your date lip glosses, your trendy lip glosses, but that lip gloss that works for everything and anything and can carry you through each and every day, that lip gloss is hard to find. Enter Magnifique:



I bought this on a whim at Nordstroms a couple of years ago, threw it in my bag, and basically lost track of it. When I rediscovered it about a month ago, it was like finding the Holy Grail of lipglosses. Magnifique is a cool, bright, rosey pink with fine gold shimmer. The formula is almost completely opaque, non-sticky, and goes on very smoothly, with no grit from the glitter. All that doesn't begin to describe how amazing this gloss is. I'm pretty pale, but I have decently pigmented lips. This gloss lightens up my lips up bit and the cool tones cancel out the warmth in my lips, so it's a great way to get a subtle take on the washed out lips from the Spring runways. Even though this gloss is on-trend now, it's such a classic shade that you'll honestly be able to wear it forever. And shimmer is so gorgeous! This gloss is packed with fine gold shimmer, so your lips are practically glowing--it's the exact opposite of tacky. Plus, it's really easy to layer, so you can have just a hint of rosey pink or a completey opaque pink lip.

Oh, and did I mention that it's Chanel? I know it's silly, but just the act of pulling out a Chanel lipgloss is practically therapeutic (at least for me). The packaging is of course, exquisite, and the brush is a nice doe-foots applicator. Now, does this justify the high price? I have to say yes. The color is your lips, but just a little bit better, the wear is great, the shimmer is amazing, and honestly, this gloss is date-appropriate, class appropriate, work appropriate, club appropriate. I can't think of a place where I wouldn't wear this, and I think I may have ended my pink lip gloss search forever. I know. This is getting serious.

Chanel Glossimer in Magnifique, $27 at saks.com.

Image Sources:
Magnifique: eneritan.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails