Sunday, March 15, 2009

I need this look

So I was checking out the March issue of Marie Claire when I stumbled across an amazing Rock & Republic ad. The crappy pic on the right is the pic I took of it with my cell phone, but it looks a lot like the ad on the right. The internet is telling me the ad I actually saw doesn't exist, but whatever.



I love, love, love this glossy brown eye. I've been lusting after a glossy eye look for a while now, and I think I just found the look I need to dupe. Glossy shadow just seems so fresh and new, but at the same time like you put it on last night, went out and partied, and woke up looking amazing. It's such a soft take on the smokey eye, but I think it's even sexier. The only problem is that it's very hard to find glossy eye shadows. I've had no luck. The best solution I've come up with is layering something like Aquaphor or a clear gloss over a cream shadow. I'll try to recreate the look below.

The overall face is very bare. I'd say use a tinted moisturizer and a concealer to create a smooth canvas, brush on a hint of peachy-pink blush (MAC's blush in Style), and dab on a rosey-peach lipstick (MAC's lipstick in Cosmo). As for the eyes, line the eyes with MAC's Powerpoint Pencil in Engraved, and smudge the liner a bit (you want that slept-in look). Add a couple of coats of mascara, and then apply MAC's Paint Pot in Quite Natural all over the lid up to the crease, and smudge some of the paint pot onto the outer half of the lower lashline. It's okay if it seems a little messy, that's part of the look. Now, for the shiny stuff. You want something really thick and sticky. I know it sounds gross, but it'll last longer, and even with that you're going to have to reapply a couple times throughout the day. I'd recommend Aquaphor or Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. Just get a teensy bit on the tip of your finger, and dab it gently across the lid. Voila! I'll def ve trying this one, I'll update you guys on it later.


Image Source:
left: rockandrepublic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails