Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Random but Awesome: Coconut Records

I realize that this is a fashion/beauty blog, but I had to share this with you guys. Jason Schwartzman is in a band. As in the actor from Marie Antoinette, Darjeeling Limited, etc, etc (it is fashion-related! He's in super-fashionable films! It kind of works). His brother is one of the lead guys in Rooney, but I guess musical talent runs in the family because his group, Coconut Records, is AMAZING. I can't take their album off repeat.

Here's the album cover, and Jason Schwartzman (who is cuter than I remember!).



It's a fantastically beachy indie-pop album that I'm drooling over. He is seriously talented. Evidently he was the original drummer for Phantom Planet (!) and still composes for movies. Zooey Deschanel and Kirsten Dunst contributed to the album, just to add to its amazingness.

You need to download It's Not You It's Me, West Coast (woot!), Nighttiming, and Summer Day. Trust me, you won't regret it. Their new album just came out a month ago, but I'm still stuck on their freshman project. This is love.

Image Sources:
Album Cover: scenepointblank.com
Jason Schwartzman: baricks.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails