Monday, March 9, 2009

Narcisco Rodriguez For Her

It's no secret that I love perfume. I think your fragrance is an essential part of your complete look. I was wearing perfume before I was wearing makeup (no, seriously). So, I can spend hours in the Sephora fragrance section. Drool. Sometimes I just spritz random perfumes hoping to find hidden gems. Well, yesterday I found a freaking diamond mine.



I was attracted to Narcisco Rodriguez For Her because of the gorgeous bottle (that is the prettiest shade of pink), but that pales in comparison with the actual fragrance. Now, for reference, I like heavy, generally non-fruity/sugary sweet scents, and I hate white flowers. For Her is none of those things, hence the love. To me it's a soft floreintal (Sephora says it's a mossy wood, and um, no). It definitely smells pink, but it's a pale, boudoir pink, not a tropical coral, if that makes any sense. It's very sexy in a very understated, feminine, but strong kind of way. The top notes are Osmanthus and Orange Blossom, the middle notes are Vanilla and Amberlyn, and the base notes are Vetiver, Musks, and Precious Woods, with some Amber and Chypre thrown in there somewhere. What that adds up to is a softer, sweeter, flowery version of Prada by Prada (one of my favs!). Initially it comes off as a little powdery and almost irisy on me, but it quickly dries down to something warm, soft, and magical. I don't need another perfume at all, and I'm dreaming of ways to obtain this. I think I have a problem, and I don't even care. That's how good this is.

Narcisco Rodriguez For Her, 3.3 oz for $100 at sephora.com

Image Sources:
Narcisco Rodriguez: sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails