Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Paris Round-up #5

This is the reason I love Paris. Ok, that reason is mainly Karl Lagerfeld, but still ( that man is a genius!).

All Chanel. This show was the essence of Chanel as a brand. King Karl has got that down to a science. It may not be pushing fashion anywhere new, but I think he was reinforcing the basics in dark times, which I completely understand. And he could send models in trash bags down the runway (McQueen) and I would still love Karl. Fall/Winter was almost entirely black separates, with Victorian white, ruffly shirts breaking up the stark lines, and a few dashes of pink and jade green to liven it up. The double-breasted jacket/skirt combo is classic, but refreshing with the romantic detailing, and that pair of pants and shrunken blazer are DIVINE. I can't get over how perfect the lines are on, and jade jewelry is unexpectedly glamorous. And all the models' nails were painted jade. And the shoes are FANTASTIC. Love love love.


Valentino, Vanessa Bruno, Aexander McQueen. Valentino was a little lackluster, but I can't blame the new designers. They have some big shoes to fill. This green goddess dress stood out as completely on-trend, and a great mix of classic and sexy. Vanessa Bruno was adorable, and completely wearable in a French-girl chic kind of way. Scrunchy leggings/skinny pants, a t-shirt dress, and a giant scarf doesn't sound all that great on paper, but in all black with the subtle sheen from the metallic belt it looks gorgeous, and I want it. Now. As for Alexander McQueen, all I have to say is DERELICTE! If you don't know what that is, rent Zoolander ASAP. Trust me. It will all make sense.


All Antonio Berardi. I have to be honest, I've never heard of this designer, but I think I'm in love. It's a slightly softer, more wearable version of the rockstar look we've been seeing all season. Embellished t-shirt dresses topped with big fur or shearling jackets (I must, MUST have the black one), and drapey tees paired with high-waisted minis are easy looks to replicate in real life, and feel completely fresh and chic.


Image Sources:
Chanel: style.com
Valentino: style.com
Alexander McQueen: style.com
Vanessa Bruno: style.com
Antonio Berardi: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails