Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Inspiration

With all the Fall/Winter '09 coverage I did, I kind of forgot about Spring/Summer. You know, the actual season at hand. Oops. Anyways, I pulled out a few looks from the Spring/Summer runways that are relevant and adorable, and most importantly, inspiring! The last two weeks of highschool are DRAGGING on. I'm in desperate need of some inspiration.

Loewe, Balmain, Tory Burch: I would sell my kidney for that coat. Totally kidding...totally...But seriously, the pushed-up sleeves and charcoal suede? I die (as I would without my kidney. Hm...). And I know that the Balmain pics have been EVERYWHERE, but with all the focus on the awesome jackets, people have kind of been ignoring the gorgeous dress. This fuschia, one-shouldered dress is 100% on trend, but so classically Balmain at the same time. Very rock and roll. The separate pieces in that last look aren't jawdropping alone, but the styling is spot on, with the kooky mixed prints, giant necklace, and jaunty fedora. That's a really easy, very chic look to dupe. Hello, this weekend's outfit.


J. Mendel, Burberry, Philosophy: That J. Mendel dress is so ethereal, and floaty, and pretty...drool...I love, love, love the styling at Burberry. The statement necklace and boyfriend blazer with the rolled up sleeves--why is Christopher Bailey so brilliant? And I just want to throw on that Philosophy dress and jump on a plane to anywhere but Mexico. The dramatic, fitted bodice balances out the maxi skirt, and the colors are so vibrant and cheerful! Plus the detail on the top is amazing.


Peter Som, William Rast, Yigal Azrouel: I know it looks like she's naked, but the nude is so on-trend, and the black shapes (flowers?) look so organic creeping up the skirt. I feel like you could just throw up on with a killer smoky eye, walk into a room, and just shut in down. Or maybe that's just my daydream...Anyways, that look from William Rast is a little more fall than spring, and I'm torn about the jeans (hehe...bad pun), but the top half of that outfit is sick. I'm a sucker for motorcycle jackets and big scarves. How amazing is that Yigal dress? It's so ornate and twisty. It's practically alive, and somehow looks really cool instead of creepy.


Nicole Miller, Erin Fetherston, Boy by Band of Outsiders: Again, the styling at Nicole Miller is impeccable. The cheeky hat (hats. sigh.), the tribal-inspired necklace, the boyfriend blazer, the tapered/cropped pants. It's all on-trend, but it doesn't come across as looking overly trendy. For the minimalists, I love this look at Erin Fetherston. It should come across as really stark and boring, but it's so sexy and drop-dead chic at the same time. And now for my favorite look, from Boy by Band of Outsiders. The trench is amazing. The boyfriend button-up and striped pencil skirt are amazing. The whole combination is the perfect "I stole this from my boyfriend" look (minus the skirt...hopefully), but the adrogony is striking feminine at the same time.


Image Sources:
Loewe: style.com, Balmain: style.com, Tory Burch: style.com, J. Mendel: style.com, Burberry: style.com, Philosophy: style.com, Peter Som: style.com, William Rast: style.com, Yigal Azrouel: style.com, Nicole Miller: style.com, Erin Fetherston: style.com, Boy by Band of Outsiders: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails