Friday, April 17, 2009

Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a lip gloss addict. Even if I can't justify buying another eyeliner, another eyeshadow, or even another Starbucks, I can always find a way to get another tube of lip gloss. It's a sickness. I'm currently in remission (for now). I've always loved my Chanel Glossimers and my Nars lippies, but I've added another gloss to my beloved collection, and from a brand that I totally hate (weird!). That's right. Bare Escentuals and I do not get along. I think their mineral foundation is crap. But their lip gloss on the other hand...that's a different story.

Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips in Trixie, Bambi, and Katie


I was really surprised by how much I love this! I'm not a fan of how "Buxom" is splashed right across the tube--awkward turtle--but the tube itself is pretty big, so you get a good amount of gloss for $18, which def justifies the price. The applicator is a doe's foot brush, nothing special but it's a decent brush. As far as I know they come in a variety of scents. I've heard mint, vanilla, and berry, but I've only tried their minty glosses. Personally, I like mint in a lip gloss because it makes me feel minty fresh, but if you can't stand the flavor (Maud), then I'd skip right over these glosses.
The formula itself is really nice. It's very shiny, but not too sticky, and since it's a plumping lip gloss, it definitely makes your lips tingle. Usually that bothers me, but this tingle is no where near the burning of DuWop's Lip Venom. It's very bearable, and it actually made my lips a little fuller. I was no Angelina Jolie, but there a was noticeable difference. It comes in a very wide range of colors, and pretty much all of them are sparkly (in a very subtle way, I promise). My favorites are Bambi (shimmering warm pink), Trixie (shimmering golden rose), and Katie (shimmering pale pink). The next time I'm at Sephora (read, the next time I'm not dead broke), I'm picking up Katie. It's a great way to buy into the nude lip trend without looking like a dead person, which is always a plus.

Bare Escentuals Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish, $18 at bareescentuals.com

Image Sources:
all Bare Escentuals Lip Glosses: bareescentuals.com
PS: I have to go up to San Fran today for another college open house, so I won't be posting again til Sunday :(
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails