Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hmmm...

You guys know I have a soft spot for Marc by Marc bags. I love Marc and his adorable weirdness (and man skirts), and I have and worship one of his Marc by Marc bags, so I can vouch for their quality. Now, given all that, I'm a little torn about this bag.



First off, it's a "tobo." As in a tote plus a hobo. Oh Marc. I think the slouchy hobo shape done in a bag the size of a tote is a great idea. You get the casual-cool look of a hobo with a tote's ability to carry everything you own. I even like how Marc has gone from the giant metal logo plates to just "Marc by Marc Jacobs" in tiny metal script. What I'm a little skeptical about are the two tiny bags/pouches sewn onto the front of this bag. I can see how they're super practical to keep keys/iPods/etc. in so you don't have to rummage around in your bag for them, and how they're not really that visible since they're the same shade as the bag, but the idea of tiny bags attached to the front of another bag feels a little juvenile and kind of irks me (yes, irks). What do you guys think? Is this "tobo" adorable or over the top?

Marc by Marc Jacobs Softy Tobo Handbag, $498 at shopbop.com

Image Sources:
Marc by Marc bag: shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails