Thursday, April 16, 2009

Can't. Resist. The. Sparkles.

I think MAC's Dazzleglasses are pretty famous by now. They're created stampedes, crazy eBay bidding wars, shameless hoarding and swapping, and I have to say, I think it's all legitimate. Yes, they're just lipglosses. But they're extremely, extremely shiny lipglosses with little pearly pigments in them that catch the light and make your lips look like they're covered in diamond dust. And it smells like vanilla! MAC just released 18 Dazzleglasses (some of them are re-releases) and if I had my druthers (yes, I just said that) I'd buy all of them. But since I can't, I've narrowed it down to a couple must-haves. Because lipgloss is an essential for life, you know.


Rags to Riches, Like Venus, Money Honey, Funtabulous, Love Alert, Date Night: I want Love Alert (raspberry red with red pearl), and Money Honey (mid-tone rosy mauve with red pearl). Love Alert is just such a classic color, and I like how Money Honey is a bit on the edgier, nude lip side, but it's still wearable.


Girl's Delight, Get Rich Quick, Bare Necessity, Sugarrimmed, Steppin' Out, Baby Sparks: I need Baby Sparks (pale pink with violet pearl) and Sugarrimmed (milky pale pink with multipearl). Sugarrimmed is the quinessential sparkly, snowy lipgloss that lightens up any too-dark lippie and adds dimension to whatever's underneath it. Baby Sparks is just such a cute pale pink! It's a little Heidi Montag, but if you want the Barbie, sparkly light pink, this is it.


Moth to Flame, Goldyrocks, Utterly Posh, Smile, Extra Amps, Stop! Look!: I'm loving Moth to Flame (sheer neutral beige with violet pearl) and Stop! Look! (sheer violet mauve with blue and pink pearl). Moth to Flame is so summery. I can definitely see me working this with a bit of a tan and some bronzy eyeshadow--so pretty! Stop! Look! is my way of buying into the violet lippie thing (a la Lavender Whip), but it's a more subtle and lowkey way of showing off your love of purple.

MAC Dazzleglasses, $18 at maccosmetics.com

Image Sources:
Dazzleglasses: temptalia.com, head to temptalia.com for more info

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails