Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fashion Week Favs Part 1

Sometimes when I look through a show there are certain looks that stick with me. Not always the most fashion forward or on-trend looks, but looks that flash through my head whenever I go shopping or when I'm in the middle of a boring class (which happens a lot). Anyways, I thought I'd share some of those looks with you guys just for fun.

Brian Reyes, Naaem Khan, Proenza Schouler: The print on this Brian Reyes dress is fantastic, and I love the ruching at the waist. This Naeem Khan gown is one of the best examples of one-shouldered I've seen, and the '90s velvet burnout grunge at Proenza Schouler feels so fresh--even though it was around 10 years ago.


Marchesa, Rodarte, Marc by Marc Jacobs: Orchid flowers at Marchesa? Yes, please. I loved this Rodarte dress on Reese Witherspoon, and I still love it here. The styling of this look at Marc by Marc is fantastic--I love the giant scarf and dramatic belt.


Matthew Williamson, Erin Fetherston, Alexander Wang: I've already gushed over this Matthew Williamson outfit (especially the scarf). How adorable is that Erin Fetherston dress? And I'd sell my kidney for that Alexander Wang dress (it's purple!).


Reem Acra, Diane von Fursternberg, Lela Rose: That Reem Acra dress just screams GODDESS to me. I love the styling of that sequin tank dress with scrunchy leggings/pants and an oversized cardigan at DVF, and the print on this Lela Rose dress is amazing and quirky at the same time.


Elise Overland, Jason Wu, Monique Lhuillier: The slouchy purple blazer and slouchy pants at Elise Overland are gorgeous. This is how boyfriend blazers and pants should look. I'm still seriously crushing on this polka dot dress from Jason Wu. I want it. I will do unspeakable things for it. The same for this cut-out Monique Lhuillier gown--it's the perfect mix of sexy and classic.


Most of these looks didn't even make it into my roundups, but you know how sometimes you get really attached to looks for unexplainable reasons? Well, that happens to me a lot. As in, look for another post just like this one because I'm no where near done gushing.

Image Sources:
Brian Reyes: style.com
Naeem Khan: style.com
Proenza Schouler: style.com
Marchesa: style.com
Rodarte: style.com
Marc by Marc: style.com
Matthew Williamson: style.com
Erin Fetherston: style.com
Alexander Wang: style.com
Reem Acra: style.com
DVF: style.com
Lela Rose: style.com
Elise Overland: style.com
Jason Wu: style.com
Monique Lhuillier: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails