Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fashion Week Favorites Part 2

I said there were more favorites from Fashion Week, and I wasn't kidding. Here are more--lots more.

Stella McCartney, Elie Saab, Lanvin: The sheer lace panels on this Stella McCartney dress are so pretty, and it moves so well. I just want to swish into a room wearing this. And I'd love to glide down the red carpet in this Elie Saab dress. The combination of the sweetheart neckline with the drapey one-shouler is genius. I'm dying over the knit/fur scarf at Lanvin. It's multi-purpose amazingness.


Jasmine Di Milo, Nina Ricci, Balmain: This Jasmine Di Milo dress is just the right amount of romantic goth, and I love the dramatic hemline. And this Nina Ricci dress is one of the reasons I'm so pissed Olivier Theyskens was fired--just look at that band of ombre turquoise sequins. Genius. Of course I had to through some Balmain in here. I know everyone's crazy over their military and sharp shouldered jackets, but I love their skirts! That studded mini would dress up any drapey tee.


Versace, DSquared, Pucci: The pailletes on that Versace dress are insanely gorgeous. I've already raved over the styling at DSquared, but this dress/bomber combo is my favorite. The zig-zag print on this Pucci mini is so fresh, and I love the way it mimics the neckline.


Bottega Veneta, Proenza Schouler, Burberry: I'm still in love with this Bottega Veneta slip dress--so Roaring '20s glamorous. Proenza Schouler does boxy trousers to perfection, and this cropped pea-coat is the perfect mix of masculine and sexy, just like the styling of the chunky scarf and airy sundress at Burberry. The royalty print reminds looks like last season's Miu Miu, no? Miuccia really is a visionary.


Missoni, Emporio Armani, House of Holland: I can't get over the hippie sweater chic at Missoni. It's comfy, feminine, and powerful all at the same time. The ruffles on this Armani coat are so impulsively girly, but classic at the same time. I love the juxtaposition of them with the military-esque pins at the shoulder. Last but not least, the graduated color-blocking at House of Holland. I'm obsessed with the way it's a little uneven, the monochromatic pallette, and the way that the dress is a complete outfit all on it's own. That's a statement worth making.


That's the last of it, I promise. Well, actually, there might be just a few more looks. Oh gosh, this is never going to end.

Image Sources:
Stella McCartney: style.com
Elie Saab: style.com
Lanvin: style.com
Jasmine Di Milo: style.com
Nina Ricci: style.com
Balmain: style.com
Versace: style.com
DSquared: style.com
Pucci: style.com
Bottega Veneta: style.com
Proenza Schouler: style.com
Burberry: style.com
Missoni: style.com
Emporio Armani: style.com
House of Holland: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails