Sunday, April 5, 2009

Currently Loving: Splendid

I have to admit, I have seen/read Twilight. I also have to admit that I think the books are horrible, and I only love the movie because Robert Pattinson is in it (we're getting married, if you didn't already know). However, Twilight did have some other redeeming features. Namely Kristen Stewart's hair/makeup and wardrobe (her hair in that movie is the reason I dyed mine. I had serious hair envy for weeks). In the movie, Kristen Stewart's character wears a lot of Splendid tops and tees, very simple and low-maintenance but still chic and kind of adorable. I've gotten a little obsessed with Splendid because of Twilight, and here are some of the things I'm craving from the brand right now.

Splendid Honeycomb 3/4 Sleeve Henley, on sale for $29.5 at blueheavenboutique.com, Very Light Heather Jersey V-Neck tee, $51 at shopbop.com, Vintage Whisper Top, $51 at shopbop.com: Okay, I can't find it online right now, but in Twilight Kristen Stewart wears an adorable navy blue striped henley just like this one that I've been eyeing for months. Aside from that version, Splendid makes a bunch of super-cute, well made henleys. I really like this basic grey v-neck. Tees like this one are staples in my wardrobe (they seriously work with everything) and Splendid's version will last you a very, very long time. And I love the cut of that mushroomy-colored top. The boxy fit has a very retro vibe, but the scoop neckline keeps it from getting frumpy.


Cashmere V-Neck Sweater, $235 at madisonlosangeles.com, Mini Stripe Tank, $63 at shopbop.com, Micro Stripe T-Shirt, $56 at shopbop.com: I'm in love with this cashmere sweater. It looks so warm and fuzzy, and the grey and black stripes are classic--a little nautical, a little collegiate, and very, very cute. I'm really into the micro stripes on these two tees as well. They're almost invisible from far away, but add a lot of visual depth to a basic outfit.


Tricolor Racer Back Tank, $76 at shopbop.com, Loose Knit Raglan Top, $74 at shopbop.com, 2x1 tank, $42 at shopbop.com: The graduated stripes on this tank are kind of reminding me of last season's ombre patterns, but in a new and interesting way. This middle top looks a lot like one of my favorite American Apparel sweaters, but I like the more cropped, fitted cut. It's a little '90s, which is so in right now. And I actually have this last tank in a different color, and I love it. They are very sturdy (trust me, I abuse my clothes), keep their shape well, and are super-flattering.


I think I've figured out how to get Kristen Stewart's wardrobe from Twilight. Now if I could just figure out how to get her character's boyfriend, everything would be perfect. Just kidding. Kind of.

Image Sources:
Yellow Henley: blueheavenboutique.com
Grey V-Neck: shopbop.com
Whisper Top: shopbop.com
Sweater: madisonlosangeles.com
Mini Stripe Tank: shopbop.com
Stripe V-Neck: shopbop.com
Tricolor Tank: shopbop.com
Raglan Top: shopbop.com
2x1 Tank: shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails