Friday, May 1, 2009

Matthew Williamson for H&M Take 2

So Matthew Williamson's first H&M collection already hit stores. I skipped the mass hysteria, and I'm kind of regretting it now. There are a studded belt, a sequin mini dress, a motorcycle jacket, and a blazer calling my name...of course, I could get all of them on eBay for 4,000x what the actual cost was, but that's, well, kind of ridiculous. My backup plan is waiting it out til May 14, when the second women's collection and first men's collection hit stores. Here are some of my favorite looks:

The beading on that dress is surprisingly intricate for an H&M piece, and really makes it look expensive. It would be so perfect for a summer wedding or really any summertime event...plus the shape is super-duper flattering. There are a ton of swimsuits in this second collection, and I'm particularly loving the variations in this swirly circle print. It comes in regular swimsuit (I think it has a really low back...) and string bikini, and I may need that string bikini. It's so summery, but not in a cliched way at all.


I need to see this jacket in person to really decide about it. I love the shape, but I'm a little unsure about the colors. It's the same with that black dress. If the satin doesn't look cheap in person, that could be a winner! The sleeves paired with the slim skirt is so flirty, and I love the subtle, but interesting detailing. And I love that tulip skirt. The color is super-vibrant, the pleats have just enough impact without adding too much volume, and it would look so cute with a drapey white tank...


So, learn from my mistake: go to the store. Early. Like early on the morning of the day it comes out. Because even if you don't like anything from the collection, at least you'll know for sure, and won't be stuck in "will I bid or won't I?" eBay limbo.

Image Sources:
all fabsugar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails