Monday, April 6, 2009

Smashbox: I'm Skeptical

I know that the whole Smashbox O thing has been around for awhile, but I'm still not convinced. They're supposed to go on clear and then turn the 'perfect shade of pink for you' as they react with your body chemistry. Now, that's a great concept in theory, but I'm not that sure it works in reality.

Smashbox O-Plump, $24 at sephora.com, Smashbox O-Glow, $26 at sephora.com


O-Plump is a plumping lip gloss and O-Glow is a liquid blush. I've tried O-Glow in-store, and I have to say, I don't know about the rest of the world, but I don't blush bright fuschia. I rubbed a teensy, tiny drop of this on my cheeks to see how it would react, and my cheeks turned bright, hot pink. And not in a good way. Plus, it dried so quickly that I couldn't blend it out at all, so I had these awkwardly shaped fuschia circles on my cheeks. Not cute. I can't speak for the gloss, but I have a feeling that it does the same thing (as in turn bright pink). I can't help thinking that this stuff is just a gimmick. One of my friends tried it on as well, and it turned the same color on her drastically different colored skin. Then again, this might work perfectly on someone else's skin, so I really can't say. What I will recommend is that if you want to buy this, try it on in the store first! Don't buy this without seeing it in person.

Image Sources:
Smashbox O-Plump: sephora.com, O-Glow: sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails