Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shopping Eugenia Kim

This post makes me a little sad inside. It's entirely dedicated to Eugenia Kim and her awesome line of headware, all of which I find completely adorable and covetable. Here's the sad part. I have a big head. No, really, I have a BIG head. Hats don't fit me. Ever. And when they do, I look like a silly giant head monster. But, that doesn't keep me from wanted to share the hat love with you guys. Hats add such a spontaneous, cheeky vibe to an outfit, and Eugenia Kim's are some of the best. Enjoy!

Honey Sun Hat, $319 at shopbop.com, Max Ribbon Fedora, $286 at shopbop.com, Max Fedora, $275 at shopbop.com: If you have extremely pale skin, chances are you've worn a sun hat like this one. I've seen many iterations of this My Fair Lady style, and I have to say, this might be my favorite. The brim is the perfect size, dramatic but not inconviniently wide, the black straw adds a touch of chic, and I love the textural contrast of the chain and pattern against the woven hat. But if I could wear any type of hat, it would be a fedora. They're so cool in a throwback, '30s ganger kind of way, and would add great balance to a feminine outfit. These two versions are so fantastic. The one on the left is a little more polished and 'fancy' with the close weave and pleate ribbon, and the one on the right is a little more relaxed and easy-going. with the looser weave and patent trim. So cute.


Madison beret, $180 at eugeniakim.com, Violeta beret, $180 at eugneiakim.com, Nikki headband, $105 at eugeniakim.com: Eugenia Kim is no one-trick pony, however (good for her, bad for the wallet). I've obsessed over these sorts of loose, off to the side beanies. You see them jammed onto the heads of models and starlets everywhere. They're just so casually chic. And yet another thing I can't wear. Beanies give me mushroom head. Sob. But, if you have a normal sized head (so. jealous.) by all means, look into these adorable beanies. I love the big, textured cable knit and the saturated jewel tones. I can wear headbands though, and I'm seriously into this feathered Nikki headband. The feathers echo the curve of the head so gracefully, and manage not to look at all retro or old-fashioned, but chic and fresh.


Image Sources:
Honey Sun Hat: shopbop.com, Max Ribbon Fedora: shopbop.com, Max Fedora: shopbop.com, Berets and Headband: eugeniakim.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails