Monday, May 11, 2009

20 Questions

I'm bored, and I have a severe case of Mondayitis, so I'm going to play 20 questions. With myself. I'm just a big ball of entertaining, I know. But I've been posting on Stella for about 4 months now, and I think you guys know a lot about where I like to shop (um, Shopbop) and what kind of makeup I like, but probably not that much about me (this is Megan, by the way). So if you don't care, just skip this post, and if not, well, read on and find out what my crazy mind comes up with today.

My current inspiration: Keira Knightley's shoot in Africa for Vogue.


1. Name? Megan. I kind of hope you knew that.
2. Favorite color? I actually don't have one. I'm generally drawn to purple/grey/blue/off-white, but that's about it. I'm too indecisive to have a favorite color. :)
3. Favorite movies? Notorious (the Hitchcock version, not the Tori Spelling show), Moulin Rouge, Amelie, Pride and Prejudice, Roman Holiday, All About Eve, Casablanca, Ratatouille, Ghost World, Clueless, Slumdog Millionare, The Illusionist, the list goes on and on and on...
4. Favorite TV shows: Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl (two GGs..haha...ok), Project Runway, Top Chef, Friday Night Lights, What Not to Wear, The Office, 30 Rock, Greek, True Blood. I watch way too much TV.
5. Favorite Books? Anything by Jane Austen or Edith Wharton, Atonement, The Historian, Angels and Demons, The Leopard, Paul Theroux, Evelyn Waugh.
6. Favorite Bands? I have pathetically eclectic taste in music. I love British bands, like the Fratellis, the Kooks, Amywinehouse, Kate Nash, Lily Allen, and Duffy, partially because of the accents, and then it gets all confusing: the Broken West, Coconut Records, Cut Copy, Jack Johnson, Justice, Lady Gaga, Maroon 5, the White Stripes, and Vampire Weekend. Just a little indecisive...
7. Favorite Designers? Alexander Wang, Phillip Lim, Scott Sternberg, Olivier Theyskens, Hannah McGibbon, Karl Lagerfeld, and Albar Elbaz.
8. Fashion Inspirations? Kate Moss and Keira Knightley, for their ability to throw anything together and look chic, Audrey Hepburn for her ability to always be pulled together and chic, and Audrey Tatou.
9. Wardrobe Staples? That's a really hard question. I just kind of wear everything. But if pressed, I'd say my Monrow blue motorcycle jacket, my J Brand bootcut jeans, Hanes Mens white v-necks, my vintage Chanel pencil skirt ($2.50!!!), my vintage Ralph Lauren white button-up, this vintage floral dress I got at the flea market and wear to death, my Robin LBD, and my Rainbows flipflops.
10. Favorite Shopping Sites/Stores? Definitely Shopbop, Revolve Clothing, La Garconne, Singer22, Sephora, and MAC.
11. Makeup Routine? I use 349858 things, so I'll try to keep it simple. I start with Kiehls Tinted Moisturizer, use MAC's Studio Sculpt Concealer (amazing!) to cover my spotties, and Stila's Pressed Powder to keep away the oilies. Then I use MAC's Beauty Powder Blush in Fun & Games (from the Hello Kitty collection!), and Anastasia's Perfect Brow Pencil. For my eyes I start with Urban Decay's Primer Potion (amazingness), and then a layer of MAC's shadow in Femme Fi (which was LE and I will die when I hit pan b/c it doubles as a great cheekbone highlighter) or Benefit's Creaseless Shadow in Birthday Suit across the lid, on the brow bone, and in the corner of my eyes. Then I put MAC's Wedge shadow in my crease and contour my eye with either MAC's shadow in Shale or Benefit's Creaseless Shadow in Busy Signal, line my eyes with Urban Decay's 24-7 liner in Rockstar, and finish with a coat of Boots Botanics Waterproof Mascara. I always throw on a spritz of Prada Prada or Coco Mademoiselle before I set foot outside. If I smell yummy, the world has to be ok. That's my grand theory of the universe.
12. One thing you always keep in your purse? Lip balm. I hate, hate, hate drinking water and love drinking coffee (that has water in it, right?) so I'm always dehydrated. I like Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate and MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink because they gives my lips a bit of a sheen and smell yummy, but they're both really moisturizing.
13. Hair Routine? I think you can use any drugstore shampoo if you use good styling products. I use Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine to soften my ends and give them a little texture, and Got2B Volumizing Mousse for volume, and then my beloved T3 pink flat iron to finish everything. That's right. No blowdryer. I'm rebellious like that. Rebellious and lazy. :)
14. Daily Reads? For my news, definitely Jezebel. For fun, texts from last night and FMylife, and for fashion/beauty: Style Bubble, Garance Dore, Jak & Jil, Allure Daily Reporter, Temptalia, Lucky Mag's blogs, Glamour's blogs, the Sartorialist, and NY Mag's The Cut blog. Oh, and I Don't Like You In That Way.
15. One Weird Thing About You? I'm twice as blind in one eye as I am in the other, so I have NO depth perception. Which is my excuse for walking into walls/doors all the time. I'm not clumsy. I blame it all on the eyes.
16. Favorite Cities? NYC, hands down. The energy and shopping there are insane. Prague comes in a close second, though. It's like Disneyland, but on crack! And with, you know, culture.
17. Last Thing You Saw in Theaters? I'm kind of ashamed, but...Star Trek. Just for Chris Pine. Drool.
18. Favorite Magazines? Elle, Nylon, Allure, Teen Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Lucky. For some reason, I can't stand Vogue. At all. It's just not readable to me for some reason.
19. Daily Indulgence/Addiction? Definitely Starbucks. They need to make the Pumpkin Spice Latte a year-round thing. I try to sub in the Vanilla Latte for the rest of the year, but it's just not the same. And yes, I'm the girl with the crazy eyes asking if the Starbucks still has pumpkin spice syrup in April. Just FYI.
20. If you could be one person for a day, who would it be? Emily Blunt. Because she gets to date John Krasinski, and I am still way not ok with that. I have some issues. But to steal someone's closet for a day, it would def be Keira Knightley. Not only does she have great personal style, but she gets to keep a bunch of stuff from all her films (aka Pride and Prejudice and Atonement), and she was the face of Coco Mademoiselle. And Karl and I need to be BFFFFs.

Image Sources:
In order: eljugodenaranja.org, style.com, eljugodenaranja.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails