Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100% Fashion

I have to admit, even though I subscribe to W Magazine, it's not the thing I look forward to most each month. Generally, I think W has too many ads and not enough fashion. But this month (June's issue), I was pleasantly surprised. There were a couple good fashion spreads, especially this one, "100% Fashion," featuring mainly Karlie Kloss and a few other rising models.







I love the styling, and the makeup! There is such a variety of looks, but those two factors (and the repeating models) tie the spread together nicely. My favorites are the second look--it has such a lush, exotic vibe, the third look--they're like little fashion gangsters, and I love the Christoper Kane and Alexander Wang dresses, the sixth look--gorgeous colors and great movement, and the ninth look--very Ralph Lauren romantic Americana, no? On top of all that, there are a ton of upcoming/current trends in this spread, like neon, magenta, sheers/cutouts, fur accents, '80s, tribal patterns, hair crimping (sigh), and yet the overall effect doesn't come off as overly trendy. Sometimes I wish my life could look like this. It would make Mondays a lot more bearable.

Image Sources:
in order, newyorkmodelsblog.com, models.com, models.com, models.com, models.com, models.com, models.com, models.com, models.com, models.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails