Monday, May 4, 2009

Priceless

You must see Priceless. Even if you don't speak French and if you hated Amelie, you must watch Priceless, because it is, well, priceless (couldn't help it). It's basically about Audrey Tautou's life as a grifter, golddigger, professional girlfriend. Needless to say, there are lots of pretty clothes and general adorableness involved, as well as lots of French people. When is that ever a bad thing?




I couldn't find a good picture of that first dress, but it's really, really cute, I promise! It's a body-con, black-sequined shift. Hello, gorgeous. And that cream bikini? So adorable! It's a little retro-glam, but she pairs it with this festively patterned sarong and it looks totally modern. The grey-ish dress in the middle is cute on its own, and I love the rope detail at the collar, but what I really liked the most was how she just stuck the drink umbrellas in her hair. I would never, ever have thought of that, but it looks so casually chic. The last two dresses are stunning. I'm in 99.99999% sure that they're Chanel (the black dress has a Chanel logo on it somewhere), and I like how they're both so simple, monochromatic with very little detail, but they're both such a statement. I think it might also have something to do with Audrey Tautou herself (I love her hair in this movie. Love). Her style throughout the film consists of basically very revealing dresses, which don't come across as sluttly because she's so tiny and flat, accessorized with a chic pair of heels and a heck of a lot of attitude. Why is she so relentlessly adorable? I need to see Coco Avant Chanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails