Friday, May 8, 2009

Pret A Portobello

One of the reasons I've been dying to go to London lately is to visit the Portobello Market. From what I've heard, it's like the world's best flea market combined with a bunch of booths for independent designers selling new stuff as well. Aka Megan heaven. But since I probably won't be in London anytime soon, I've been spending a lot of time on the Pret A Portobello website. That's right. A bunch of the independent designers from the Portobello Market have put their stuff up online. In the same place. Cue mass hysteria.

Goldie Ivory Silk Pom Pom Dress, 90 Euros at pretaportobello.com, Jovanna Silk Black Rose Dress, 69 Euros at pretaportobello.com, Belle Du Jour Elephant and Black Onyx Earrings, 16 Euros at pretaportobello.com: Aside from the fact that Mischa Barton is wearing it, I love that first dress. I've always had a thing for white, tiered chiffon, floaty dresses. I think it's the fairy princess factor that appeals to me. The sheer, racerback on this dress keeps it from going too country-western, and it's just so darn adorable and summery. That middle dress is seriously working the sheer trend, but in a totally flattering, non-skanky way. It's hard to see in this pic, but there are cute applique roses on the bottom hem, which mediate the '80s sex appeal of the neckline nicely. And how adorable are those earrings? They're tiny elephants! Elephants! But they don't come across as childish or overly cutesy at all, more like something you picked up last time you wear in Morocco. And I don't know about you, but I like to pretend I buy my clothes in foreign countries. That somehow makes them significantly cooler.


Belle Du Jour Black Fabric and Chain Necklace, 30 Euros at pretaportobello.com, Dahlia Mac, 52 Euros at pretaportobello.com, Tobi & Naki Fine Knit & Chiffon Oatmeal Boyfriend Cardigan, 42 Euros at pretaportobello.com: I know, I know, I've brought up the whole 'layered chain necklaces are huge' thing like 30 times, but it's still true, and I find this version strangely elegant for some reason. I have an unstoppable obsession with beige trench coats. It's kind of an addiction. I like the girly detail of the pleats in the skirt of this trench; it adds a slightly retro flair to the basic trench. And OMG I found the perfect boyfriend cardigan. It's just the right mixture of slouchy and fitted, the sleeve/body proportion is spot on, and it has a sheer chiffon panel is the back. The sheer back might seem odd, but it adds a bit of sex appeal to the typical oversized boyfriend sweater, and is totally on-trend for Spring/Fall.


Image Sources: Pom Pom dress: pretaportobello.com, Black Rose Dress: pretaportobello.com, Elephant Earrings: pretaportobello.com, Chain Necklace: pretaportobello.com, Trench: pretaportobello.com, Cardigan: pretaportobello.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails