Friday, May 22, 2009

Hello, Beautiful

I'm out of school right now, so I have a lot (perhaps too much) time to go online shopping. If I counted up all the hours of my life that I've spent online shopping, I would be simultaneously really impressed and very depressed. Either way, here's a little round-up of all the amazingness I'm drooling over right now.

Clu Soft V-neck Tee, $74 at lagarconne.com, Anezvino and Florence Silk/Linen and Organza Dress, $265 at openingceremony.us, Alexander Wang Mesh Combo Dress, $800 at openingceremony.us: Basic tees are easy to find, but the slightly drapey, oversized but fitted, perfectly worn in basic tee? That's an illusive object. I love this one because it's an interesting shade of grey (yes, there are boring and fun greys in my world), the neckline isn't the typical v-neck but it's wide enough to be sexy without being low enough to be vulgar. That dress is screaming goth ballerina princess, which sounds ridiculous, but I love it. No, it's not the world's most flattering shape, but it would be so fun to wear, with all those layers of colored sheerness (which also make it totally on-trend). I know I've posted this last dress before, but I'm in love with the way Opening Ceremony styled it (by the way, their online boutique, openingceremony.us, is now open!). There's an eyepatch. Like a pirate eyepatch. That's all I have to say.


Karen Walker Eyewear Derby Sunglasses, $180 at lagarconne.com, Karen Walker Eyewear Pilgrim Sunglasses, $180 at lagarconne.com, Helmut Lang Hematite Racer Back, $195 at lagarconne.com: I've been secretly in love with Karen Walker sunglasses for awhile now. Don't get me wrong, I love my Wayfarers, but sometimes I like to switch it up, and Karen Walker makes such great, slightly quirky '80s frames. I'm particularly in love with that first pair. I know, the tortoise shell looks a little intimidating and some people think it's dated/old/ugly, but let me explain my undying love for it. On pale people, like me, black frames can be too harsh and end up making us look even paler. Basic brown frames are boring (brown is nice, but let's face it, it's a little on the sad side), and colors are cute but if I'm going to spend more than $100 on sunnies, I want them in a nice, chic, neutral shade that goes with everything so I can get a ton of wear out of them. Tortoise shell is more interesting than brown and more flattering than black, and sweetly retro at the same time, and having had 3 pairs of tortoise shell glasses, I can safely say that they're really versatile. I love the square shape of that first pair. Square glasses are unexpectedly flattering, especially if you have an oval/round face. That second pair is black, but the shape is so cute in a stretched out Wayfarer way that I have to overlook the color of the frames. I love the cut of that tank. The sporty, drapey shape is balanced nicely by the sexily oversized armholes, and I'm dying for the goth tie-dye pattern. It's like hardcore meets hippie. If you can't tell, I'm drooling.


JMM Floral Print Dress, $242 at shopbop.com, Designed by Martine Sitbon Large Snake Patent Tote in Chocolate, $495 at kateboutique.com, 3.1 by Phillip Lim "Tally" Slouchy Oversize Carryall, $875 at lagarconne.com: That dress is so darn fetching. The print has a slightly tribal vibe, very on-trend for summer, and the cute is very retro-slip-sundresses. It's silk, so it's definitely cool, and the buttons down the front are a nice touch. Here are my two favorites. I effin love these two bags. The Martine Sitbon bag looks so, so much more expensive than $500. That's like Marc by Marc pricing. Hot damn. The patent trim, the snake skin embossing (I hope it's embossing), the pleating, the sumptous shade, it's so rich! And it's gigantic. I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need another bag for college, I'm just going to get a Longchamp Le Pliage bag for my books and be done with it, but this is not helping. At all. And that Phillip Lim bag isn't either. The slouchy, slightly equestrian shape is so chic and practical, the contrast of the beige body and chocolate trim is basic but not boring, and....and....I just want it. But the Martine Sitbon bag is nearly half the price and looks just as expensive, so maybe....


Image Sources:
Alexander Wang dress: openingceremony.us, Anezvino and Florence dress: openingceremony.us, Clu tee: lagarconne.com, Karen Walker Pilgrim sunglasses: lagarconne.com, Karen Walker Derby glasses: lagarconne.com, Helmut Lang tank: lagarconne.com, JMM dress: shopbop.com, Martine Sitbon bag: kateboutique.com, Phillip Lim bag: lagarconne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails