Saturday, May 9, 2009

Benefit Creaseless Shadow in Busy Signal

I'm pretty sure I promised I'd get this months ago, and I finally just got around to it. What can I say, I'm slow. I read about Benefit's Creaseless Shadow in this Glamour Beauty Department blog post, and immediately decided that I had to have it, and now I do! Plus, I needed a post AP exams pick-me-up.

Here's the best swatch I could find. Busy Signal is on the right, and another Benefit shadow, Get Figgy, is on the left:


Busy Signal is a medium, bronzy brown. Supposedly it's a dupe of MAC'S Antiquitease, but I have no idea, and I've actually heard that the Benefit formula is better than the MAC Paint Pot formula, which I may have to test out. But anyways, Busy Signal is a gorgeous color. From reading reviews online and seeing Sephora describe it as 'venetian brown' (what on earth is that?), I thought it would much darker, but the tester at Sephora was so dried out and yucky that I had no idea how dark it actually was. I bought it anyways, and I'm actually glad it's not darker. Busy Signal is the perfect depth; it works for a smudgy brown eye, as a day-time all over wash, and as part of a smoky eye. It's a bit light for my taste to use as a liner, but I think it would work well as a liner too. The golden shimmer and cream formula give it a bit of a wet look, which I totally love, and the warmth of the shadow really wakes up the green in my eyes. It's really, really pretty. I can't describe it, but it's kind of amazing in person. Very 'my eyes but better.' The formula is consistent with all the other Benefit Creaseless Shadows (I have three now. That should tell you something). It goes on smoothly, very little creasing or smudging, and lasts all day. You get a ton of product for a good price, and the packaging is cute. I give this a 10/10.

Benefit Creaseless Shadow/Liner is available for $19 at sephora.com.

Image Sources:
Swatches: haulinbroad.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails