Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Perfect Lip Gloss?

Is it really possible? That's an excellent question I hope will eventually be answered, but for now I am content to settle with one I found yesterday. After months and months of searching (Megan will tell you...), I have stumbled upon a lip gloss that will satisfy my cravings until a miracle potion is created. While at Sephora on what was beginning to develop into my endless journey into the glossy depths of impossibility, I found it. Well, actually I didn't find it, someone who worked at the store did. But that's besides the point. I was looking for a lip gloss that was nude, didn't leave a milky sheen, and had no glitter. I thought I would have to settle with a lipstick and clear gloss, but now I don't have to worry. The lip gloss I am referring to is Lorac Couture Shine.

Now, Sephora describes it as liquid lipstick. I don't know if I would call it that though. I mean it's thick, but not that thick. Besides that, the description is pretty true to form. It mosturizes, hydrates, fills in lines, and the slight Mother of Pearl sheen gives the illusion of a subtle plumping effect (without the sting, because it's not actually plumping). The gloss is also paraben free, sulfate free, phthalates free, and has no synthetic fragrances and dyes (although it smells like fresh sugar cookies). The only problem is the applicator. Now, it may just be my particular brush, but somehow I don't think that's the case. The bristles on the brush clump together and are hardened, which is really weird and kind of feels like you are half painting your lips/ half stabbing them. I know. Weird. Besides that though, it's a pretty good lip gloss. I wore out to a movie today and when I walked out, it was still on. That's pretty sweet.

Image Sources: sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails