Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Update: LUSH New! Solid Shampoo

Alright y'all, I've been using this LUSH New! shampoo for just over a month now, and I though I'd do a little update on how it's been going. 


LUSH New! Shampoo is $9.95 at lushusa.com.  So this little hockey puck has shrunk to about half its size.  Doesn't it look awkward?  It would be significantly larger if I wasn't a complete space case and didn't leave it out in a running shower for it to dissolve away down the drain.  Boo.  So factoring that in, I'd say that this bar could last you between 3 and 4 months, depending on how much hair you have and how well you store it.  Storage is a bit of a problem.  After you use it, it's wet.  But if you leave it on a porous surface, that surface will absorb some of the product.  You have to leave it on a hard surface for it to completely dry out before you store it.


As for how the shampoo is actually doing, um, I LOVE IT.  I've never had strong feelings about shampoo.  It's just always kind of meh, gets the job done without being all that interesting.  Well, this shampoo may just be my soul mate.  I can even forgive the Big Red cinnamon smell, which doesn't linger on my hair at all.  With all other shampoos I've used, they've made my hair color fade and either not removed all of my buildup and left my hair greasy at the end of the day, or totally dried my hair out.  New manages to remove any product buildup, keep my hair clean all day, and make it soft and happy, not fried or unhappy at all.  This picture was taken at the end of a hot day about a month and a week after I dyed my hair last.  My hair color hasn't faded, and my hair looks so clean and happy!  Just look how nice and shiny it is. 


So, the verdict:  New! isn't cheap.  But a bottle of $4/$5 shampoo usually lasts me a month, and so I think that New may end up being cheaper in the end, and it makes my hair look better, AND it's totally airplane safe.  I think this one's a winner, ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails