Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review: MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner

I finally did it, guys.  I broke up with Urban Decay for good (really for now, but still).  That's right.  I've switched eyeliners (cue dramatic music).  I finally gave up on my Urban Decay Zero liner because, frankly, it sucks.  There, I said it.  For the last few days I've been using gel liner on my waterline, which works, but takes a lot more effort than a pencil liner.


Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner in 0L, $17 at sephora.com: And then I met Aqua Eyes.  When MUFE says waterproof, they mean it.  It's the exact same size and price as the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, but it's a heck of a lot better.  I got the 0L, which is a matte black.


Please forgive the sad pictures, but I can't emphasize enough that this is a really nicely pigmented, deep black.  The pencil is a little firmer than the Urban Decay liners, which makes it a bit easier to apply.  My main issue with the Urban Decay liners was that while they went on nicely and looked pretty for the first hour, after that they start melting away faster than a glacier in Texas.  When you have to reapply liner three times a day, it gets a little annoying.  This MUFE liner applies like a dream, very smoothly with no dragging, and it does. not. budge.  That swatch on my hand--I've rubbed at it for the last minute, and it looks the exact same.  No exaggeration there, it is on LOCKDOWN.  Of course, it's a different story on the waterline, but even there it lasts me all day with minimal fading, as in I can actually see it on my waterline still at the end of the day.  Success!  I've only tried the black, but MUFE has a wide range of really love colors, including a gorgeous champagne that I have my eye on.


Awkward Chic Rating: A+.  It applies easily, lasts pretty much all day, is decently affordable, and could only be awesomer if it came with a pony.


PS: I also picked up the MUFE Cream Liner in black, and will be reviewing that tomorrow.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails