Saturday, July 17, 2010

Did Someone Say Birthday?

I don't know if y'all know this, but this Sunday is my birthday.  Woohoo!  Not really haha.  19 is such an awkward birthday.  It's not 18, aka adulthood, it's not 20, aka double digits, and it's not 21, so...


But either way, birthdays mean shopping!  I asked for Sephora/MAC giftcards, and if I end up getting some, here are the top items on my wish list:


MAC 239 Brush, $24.50 at maccosmetics.com, MAC Shadow in Carbon, $14.50 at maccosmetics.com: Confession time: I don't have a regular eyeshadow brush.  I know, I know.  I've been applying shadow with my fluffy crease brush and my stubby smudge brush.  I know.  Not the same thing at all.  Brushes are the kind of thing that are hard for me to justify buying, but that I'm always glad that I bought.  MAC's brushes are just so expensive!  They're worth every penny, but still.  What I really need is just a basic, short, fluffy shadow brush that I can use to create a wash of shadow across the lid.  That's it!  I've been eyeing Carbon for a while now, and comparing it to Black Tied and Typographic, but I think Carbon may be the winner.  Matte black just seems like such a workhorse shade.  I love me some smokey eyes, but after a certain point piling on the brown shadow can just make you look tired, and I don't think you can do a real smokey eye without some black in it.  It scares me in the pan, but I'm dead-set on buying it, and I'll let y'all know how we get along.  Also, when I'm at MAC I think I'll check out the In the Groove collection.  I have no chance at getting Stereo Rose, but I'm intrigued by the Candlelight MSF and the Style Influencer shadow trio.








MUFE Aqua Eyes Liner in $17 at sephora.com, MUFE Aqua Cream Shadow in 13, $22 at sephora.com: I realize this eye pencil being here is probably news to no one.  I'm just getting so frustrated by my MAC and Urban Decay liners, especially in the 100 degree LA heat.  I put them on at 8AM, leave the house at 10AM, and they're completely gone!  Not a trace of them on my waterline.  Not okay.  I've heard that the lasting power for the MUFE pencils is better, and really at this point I'll take anything that will get me through lunch.  This Aqua Cream shadow, again, no surprise.  I want it in 13, a warm beige, not the bright blue here (haha).  Shimmery bases are definitely my current go-to, because I love the pop of brightness under the heavier shadows I put on top.  It keeps everything from getting too heavy.  This MUFE shadow is cheaper than a Stila Smudge pot, and I think I'll get it and then do a comparison with my Stila Kitten Smudge Pot.  You know, for research purposes.  Not for how pretty and sparkly it would be, noooo sir.
Image Sources:
MAC 239 brush: bidorbuy.com, MAC Carbon shadow: imworld.aufemin.com, MUFE liner: linasbeautystuff.wordpress.com, MUFE shadow: sephora.com.

2 comments:

  1. I love MAC!


    Just came across your blog! It is lovely!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MAC too! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails