Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today's Beauty: MAC & Zoya

I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I think I'm gonna switch it up a little on the blog.  Ooooh craziness.  I'm thinking that I'll do shorter, more individual posts instead of combining everything I think about all day into one giant, monster post, because my brain moves in random ways but that doesn't always translate so well to print.  I might also dedicate certain days to specific topics, like doing beauty stuff on Wednesdays and making Mondays about happy, sparkly/fluffy things to help counteract their Mondayness.  Just a thought.


So in that spirit, here's a little post on some upcoming makeup collections.  Some Rodarte for MAC pictures just dropped, and I'm going to focus on their prettiness and not the potentially controversial names of the products.  I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of these Mineralized shadows, mainly because they're full of chunky glitter and it's hard to control what color you end up with.  But that blush (I think it's the Softly Drifting Beauty Powder) is lovely.  It's probably pale enough to use as a highlight, and would give a pretty, pinky-gold glow.  I love the Rodarte embossing.  That lipgloss totally reminds me of the stacked lipglosses from the Sugar Sweet collection, which I remember everyone generally hating because the colors got all mixed together, which sort of defeated the purpose.  I'm sure that will happen with this gloss too, but it's so pretty...I think the pale pinks and creamy white hues will mix together nicely, to create a light, very glittery/somewhat frosty pink, and the hint of yellow keeps it from being too girly-girl.

Karla Sugar, the queen of all makeup swatches, swatched Zoya's fall polish collection, and it's gorgeous.  I'm particularly eying Edyta, a blackened green with gold shimmer (I mean, come on), Cheryl, a deep red brown, and Julieanne, a blackened violet with violet shimmer.  They all sound very vampy and intense, but with a bit of a twist that keeps them from being your average, run of the mill vampy polish. 



Image Sources:
Rodarte for MAC: temptalia.com, Zoya: karlasugar.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails