Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Loving: Maroon 5 and Mild Trashiness

I did a lot of wandering around and shopping today, mainly in Santa Monica.  Can I just say how much I love the Kitson Outlet?  Kitson itself generally annoys me, but this outlet had the biggest selection of embellished sandals EVER, and Butter London/Lippman nail polish for $5, and things like Jill Stuart dresses on serious sale.  If you're in LA, I definitely recommend hitting that up.  Now, on to the general randomness.


MAC Shadow in Carbon, $14.50 at maccosmetics.com: So MAC and Maroon 5 may not seem all that related, but the new Maroon 5 video for their single, Misery, just came out, and I'm loving the eyeshadow the evil girlfriend is wearing (her fab side-braid is also worth looking at).  It's a matte black smudged into the lower lashline and upper lashline, winged out a bit, and smudged some more.  The interesting part is there's no shadow on the inner corner and no liner on the waterline.  It's a really intense look without piling on too much product.  I'm intrigued, and shall be picking up MAC's Carbon to try it out.


Here's the music video just for the heck of it.  It's hilarious and the song is great and I think it deserves taking a little work break to watch.



Too Faced Leopard Love Complexion Perfection Kit, $30 at sephora.com, Kenneth Jay Lane Box Link Toggle Bracelet, $88 at shopbop.com: I'm not a big fan of Too Faced, but this Leopard kit is too cute to pass up.  First off, it's a great value to get all three of these in the same compact, complete with little instructions/ideas on how to wear them.  The shades are Peach Leopard, a bronzy-apricot hue, Candy Leopard, a pop of bright pink, and Pink Leopard, for an illuminating golden/pink glow.  I really like that you can get a blush/bronzer/highlighter combo in the same palette, and that the shades have multiple shades in them, so you can get a ton of different colors out of a single palette.  I realize this bracelet looks a little boring just lying there, but on the wrist it basically looks like a ton of stacked bangles.  Except without the noise and annoyingness of wearing a stack of bangles.  It's a great way to make a statement, but it's also not so in your face that you can't wear it all the time.


Venomous Villains for MAC: More pictures of Venomous Villains!  I think the packaging is a little better than I expected from the initial pictures, and I'm still loving the Evil Queen and Maleficent.  And check out that purple polish with the teal duochrome!  It needs to be on my nails.  Right now.  It's a little evil and murky looking, but not so crazy that it's not appropriate to wear to work, etc.  I just wish it had the fun packaging too.  :(


Wildfox Couture: Peace Racer Tank, $32.99 at ebay.com, Peace & Love Tee, $29.99 at ebay.com, Valley Girl Tee, $32.99 at ebay.com: I have a teensy confession to make.  Every so often, and not in public, I like to dress just a teensy bit trashy.  As in annoying logo tees and Victoria's Secret sweats and hoodies.  At my trip to Kitson's Outlet today (OMG love), I saw some Wildfox Couture tees.  And yes, they are totally trashy in a Miley Cyrus sort of way, but they're also kind of adorable and somewhat affordable if found via eBay.  The peace sign tees are just your general hippie cuteness, but I love that Valley Girl tee.  So many people at school in Boston talk about the California accent and how it's that we say "like" and "omigod" all the time.  Which may be true, but I think it's a heck of a lot better than a Boston accent.  There.  I said it. 


Alessandra Ambrosio for Moschino: I think it's really interesting that following Louis Vuitton's Fall show with a bunch of Victoria's Secret models, a bunch of Victoria's Secret models pop up in Fall campaigns.  I love it, I just hope that it lasts.  Alessandra as a pirate?  I'll take that any day over Sasha in the same poses and the same styling.  It's jaunty, it makes a statement, it's fresh, and I like it.  I call this one a winner.


Chanel Iman for The Block Summer 2010: And for a little summer inspiration, here's a lovely shoot with Chanel Iman for The Block (no idea what that is, gonna be honest).  Her pixie-ish haircut and '60s liner work perfectly with the rustic setting and ulta-glam/edgy clothes.  It's just dreamy.

Image Sources:
Maroon 5 video: youtube.com, Too Faced kit: sephora.com, Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet: shopbop.com, Venomous Villains pics: temptalia.com, Wildfox Couture shirts: ebay.com, ebay.com, ebay.com, Moschino ad: nymag.com, Chanel Iman shoot: fashiongonerogue.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails