Hey y'all! So I just realized that since the last time I really told you guys anything about myself, about a year ago, the blog has gained a TON of new readers. I thought that for all my newer readers, it might be nice to know a little more about me, which might put my ADD random ramblings/spazziness into perspective. So I found a set of random 25 questions and then a little beauty Would You Rather. Enjoy, and feel free to answer some of the questions yourself in the comments!
1. Do you have any pets? My family has always had at least one dog and one horse. At one point I had a bunny, and I think I had a goldfish? Anyways, at the moment there's my dog Sophie (she popped up a few posts ago) and my horse, Adagio (I did NOT choose the name).
2. Name 3 things that are physically close to you. Mmm there's a tub of frozen cookie dough--don't judge me, my TV (watching Anthony Bourdain, love him), and my Blackberry.
3. What's the weather like right now? Hot! So hot! Ugh. California weather seems to have an even shorter attention span than I do.
4. Do you drive? If so have you crashed? I do drive, but I've never crashed. I've run over a curb, but we don't talk about that.
5. What time did you wake up this morning? This morning I got up at 7:30, so early for me, to go to work with my mom and teach her how to use 'the twitter' for her work.
6. When was the last time you showered? I showered last night. I always go to bed with wet bed, it's the easiest way to get great volume.
7. What was the last movie you saw? Hmm. Well I just watched half of BUtterfield 8 and couldn't finish it, so the last full movie I watched was Vanity Fair. So good.
8. What does your last text message say? Something along the lines of how hot it is in Vegas. I know, my life is so interesting.
9. What's your ringtone? My ringtone is The Fear by Lily Allen. And just because I feel like it, here's the music video.
10. Have you ever been to a different country? Yes! I've been to Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, Japan, England, Ireland, Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Germany, and Switzerland. Oof that's a long list!
11. Do you like sushi? I actually really, really hate sushi. I just can't stomach it for some reason, but I love that pickled ginger they serve with sushi. That doesn't count, does it?
12. Where do you buy your groceries? At Trader Joes! I am a huge, HUGE Trader Joes fan.
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster? I've had pretty bad insomnia since I was about five (I know, craziness!), so yes, I've taken a whole cocktail of sleeping medications, but the sleepwalking in the morning/total blackout of first two hours of the day kind of turned me off.
14. How many siblings do you have? I have one younger brother. He keeps offering to model for the blog. I'm trying to spare y'all from him. He thinks he's The Situation from the Jersey Shore. If you don't know who that is, it's really worth YouTubing.
15. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? I have a little MacBook Pro, and it is my baby.
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 20! I feel so old. But I just turned 19 a week and a half ago, so it's a ways off.
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses? I wear both. I sunburned my eyes when I was little (I'm so special), so I'm blind as a bat. I wear contacts out and glasses at home.
18. Do you color your hair? I do. I'm naturally a really dirty blonde/really light brunette, and I dye my hair a medium/dark reddish brown. Whenever I tell people that I'm a natural blonde, they look at me like I'm a crazy person. I think people usually go the other way.
19. Tell me something you are planning to do today. Well, it's about 8 PM, so I'm going to watch the Jersey Shore premiere and possibly some more of Gilmore Girls--best show of all time--and go to sleep. I'm a crazy party girl, I know.
20. When was the last time you cried? I'm really not a crier at all. I think there were some happy tears when I got my bday present from my roommate, who lives all the way in New Jersey. It was a fab present, let me tell ya.
21. What is your perfect pizza topping? Mozarella! With some heirloom tomatoes and a little basil. Omnomnom.
22. Which do you prefer-hamburgers or cheeseburgers? I've been a vegetarian for the last seven years, so a veggie burger I guess. Although I hate veggie burgers. If I don't want to eat real meat, why would I want to eat vegetables masquerading as meat? I just don't get it.
23. Have you ever had an all-nighter? Only twice, and I am a total basket case afterward. I do not do well without sleep AT ALL. Especially now that I've given up caffeine.
24. What is your eye color? My eyes are Hazel, but I like to pretend that they're green. :)
25. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke? Back when I drank soda I could definitely tell the difference. Coke is better, hands down. But my stomach can't handle all the acid, so not anymore...
Beauty Would You Rather Questions:
1.Would you rather go out with messy hair and nice make-up or Nice hair and no make-up? Messy hair! I actually try to make my hair a little messy, and messy hair is much more forgivable than me without makeup. Oof.
2.Would you rather shave your eyebrows or have your eyelashes fall out? Oh gawd. I think have my lashes fall out, because I feel like they would grow back more quickly. I have actually burned off an eyebrow--long story--and it took forever squared to grow back. And looked insanely awkward.
3.Would you rather be forced to shop at only MAC or Sephora for the rest of your life? I think I'm in the minority here, but I'd say MAC. I feel like the products you get at MAC you can't get anywhere else, whereas the products you get at Sephora you can get at Ulta, department stores, etc. The majority of my makeup is from MAC, actually.
4.Would you rather wear lipgloss/lipliner look or 80's perm? There is just no way my face could pull off an '80s perm. I think I'd go with the gloss/liner combo, because it would wear off more quickly and is slightly less noticeable.
5.Would you rather leave the house with an obvious foundation line or overdone blush? Overdone blush. I feel like an obvious foundation line means your foundation color is way off, making you look like Snooki or a vampire, and overdone blush just makes you look sunburned or really embarrassed.
6.Would you rather wear MC Hammer pants or biker shorts in public? Biker shorts, all the way. Chanel makes biker shorts, I want that pair.
7.Would you rather have a bad orange-y spray tan or really weird tan lines that can't be covered? Definitely weird tan lines. I feel like those are somewhat socially acceptable, whereas looking like an Oompa Loompa is not.
8.Would you rather have a bad haircut or bad hair color? Hair color! I've had both, and a bad haircut takes weeks, even months to grow out, but bad color can be fixed in a day.
9.Would you rather have youtube or twitter taken away forever? Twitter, for sure. I'm really not a Twitter person, but I watch YouTube literally all the time. It's so handy for time wasting. :)
10. Would you rather give up using makeup brushes or mascara? I'm sure I'm in the minority here, because I'd give up mascara. You can also use falsies to create the effect of mascara or smudge liner into the base of your lashes, but blending the perfect smokey eye is impossible without brushes.
Well, that's it guys! I hope you learned a little more about me, if you even made it to the end of this post (I would have probably zoned out at question five). Just for you all that made it all the way here, here's my dog looking silly.