Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home Sweet Dorm?

I can't even add up all the hours I've spent looking at dorm bedding/decoration options recently. I'm scared to. But seriously, it's ridiculously difficult to find cute options for dorm bedding, especially duvet covers, that don't scream 12 year old or aren't so covered in white that you'd ruin them within the week. I want something cute and colorful, but not frightening bright (I'm thinking about my roomie here, and yes, we are color coordinating), with a fun, but not childish pattern. It sounds easy. It's not.

But then I hit the jackpot, Dorm Suite Dorm. Yes, the website looks outdated and overly cutesy, but if you click over to the actual duvet part, there's some serious amazingness going on. You can custom make a duvet cover, choosing from 20+ swatches for the front and the back, and then choose a color for the cording and the button covers. The front can either be a solid color/pattern or have a rectangular inset in the middle of another color/pattern. There are solid color options and the basic patterns (checks, stripes, houndstooth, polka dots), but the patterns are so fun and chic that I can't get over them. Here are some of my favorites:
They have such a huge variety of patterns. There geometric patterns, retro patterns, animal prints, and my favorite, toile/brocade-inspired patterns. How cute are those neon green birdies? If I end up getting one of these, which is on the fence seeing as they're $150, which is reasonable for a custom duvet cover but still pricey, I'd get the front done in either this kelly green, bamboo print, or this grey/blue brocade bird print, the back done in these blue/white polka dots, and the cording done in bright blue. Since they're probably reversible, I like having the option of just flipping it over and going from Palm Beachy/blue bloody to whimsical and fun. And did I mention that these come in college twin and queen, so regular folks can get them too? I know, I'm an enabler.
Dorm Suite Dorm Custom Duvet Cover, $150 f0r college twin at dormsuitedorm.com.
Image Sources:
all swatches: dormsuitedorm.com.

1 comment:

  1. iii needddd dorm room ideas i have a contmorary modern hate clutter mature style but want t o add miami / florida / colors

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails