Monday, July 13, 2009

Things I Want from Fred Flare Part 1

Sorry for the lack of postage this weekend, I just got a Macbook Pro for college, and I'm still trying to figure how to work it (did anyone else know that you get a free iPod touch AND a free printer if you're a student? LOVE). I finally figured out the whole blogger on a Mac thing, so here's all the randomness that I want from Fred Flare right now. Fred Flare is one of my favorite websites from all the way back in middle school, and I always forget about it, which is sad because it's so awesome! The selection is totally eclectic and quirky, and it's a fantastic place to buy birthday presents (they have Will Ferrell sunscreen. Enough said).

Cafe Habana Fedora, on sale for $17.99 at fredflare.com, Risky Business Sunglasses, $11 at fredflare.com, Golden Mini Elephant Earrings, $8 at fredflare.com: I'm always on the lookout for a good fedora, and not only is this one cheap, but the ribbon detail around the brim is so relentlessly adorable. I hate seeing fake Wayfarers because I shelled out for the real ones, but even I'll admit that these sunnies are a pretty good knockoff. They come in about 25547 colors, with tinted and clear lenses, so you could get about $10 pairs for the price of a real pair. I'm in love with these elephant earrings. They're TINY (about the size of a pea), which just makes them even cuter. From a distance, it looks like you're wearing gold studs, but from up close your taste in earrings becomes freakishly awesome (tiny elephants! tiny elephants! i die!).



TokyoMilk Parfumarie Curosite, $28 at fredflare.com, Jumbo Cocktail Rings, $22 for 6 at fredflare.com, Twilight Jacket, $64 at fredflare.com: This perfume is $28 for one ounce, which is decent, and comes in 7 different scents. ALl the bottles are totally adorable, but the scents that interest me the most are Let Them Eat Cake (love Marie Antoinette), which has vanilla, sugar cane, and coconut, and Dead Sexy, which has deep vanilla and exotic wood. I'm all over giant, obviously fake costume jewelry, because there's something so tacky about it that it goes past tacky and into quirk and fun. If that makes any sense at all. These look like they belong in Pretty Pretty Princess, and I want to wear about 3 at a time with jeans and a t-shirt and look absolutely ridiculous. I don't really like this jacket, but it's the jacket Kristen Stewart wore in Twilight, and I just think it's funny that Fred Flare has it. So yeah...


Sgt. Pepper's Jacket, $80 for preorder at fredflare.com, The Boyfriend Blazer, $64 at fredflare.com, Sweetheart Bustier Dress, $64 at fredflare.com: Get used to the band/military jackets. With Balmania and the Michael Jackson frenzy still going strong, it's going to stick around for awhile. This is a great, cheap alternative to the Balmain military jacket, it comes in white and black, and it has the band camp to runway ratio down perfectly. Boyfriend blazers are another trend with staying power, given the '80s resurgence, and not only does this blazer come with cute, rolled-up sleeves, it's $64, which is a steal compared to the similar looks from, say, Stella McCartney. I'm a sucker for a sweetheart neckline, and this is no exception. I mean, a sweetheart, strapless dress that comes in an entire rainbow of colors for less than $65? Yes, please.



Image Sources:
fedora: fredflare.com, sunglasses: fredflare.com, earrings: fredflare.com, perfume: fredflare.com, rings: fredflare.com, twilight jacket: fredflare.com, band jacket: fredflare.com, blazer: fredflare.com, dress: fredflare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails