Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Craveable: New at J. Crew

I know I've waxed poetic about J. Crew about 453637 times, but can you really blame me? They've gone from frumpy and preppy to chic and modern in the last five years, and I fall in love with something every time I walk into their stores. A ton of new merchandise just hit their website, and here are my top picks:

Cashmere V-neck Cardigan, $168 at jcrew.com, Silk Sirrah Dress, $148 at jcrew.com, Poplin Brynn Dress, $148 at jcrew.com: J. Crew does cashmere like nobody's business. This cardigan is the perfect combination of feminine and schoolboy, the v-neck is super-flattering, and it hits at the perfect place on the hip to work with dresses, shorts, skirts, jeans, you name it, and it comes in a rainbow of hues. I'm really impressed by these two dresses. If you told me they were from some emerging designer I'd see at Saks, I'd totally buy it. The ruffle detailing on the neckline of the first dress acts like a statement necklace, the waist tie gives the relaxed fit some shape, and the crinkled silk is a great mix of refined and insouciant (and how awesome is the pewter shade?). This second dress also comes in black, and I love the way that they've managed to put tiers in the skirt, but still make it flattering and not bulky. The juxtaposition of the dusty pink hue and the geometric, sharp lines is stunningly modern.


Duchess Stone Necklace, $98 at jcrew.com, Shiny Hunter Wellington Boots, $115 at jcrew.com, Icon Trench, $298 at jcrew.com: J. Crew needs to stop making jewelry. It's having a very detrimental effect on my sanity. The radial position of the pendants on this necklace reminds me of the sun's rays, the dirty topaz shade of the glass is so opulently chic. and with all that weight at the bottom of the necklace, it would hang perfectly. I had no idea J. Crew sold Hunter boots (but it doesn't surprise me)! If I'd known about this patent version when I was in the market for mine, I would have snapped these up. The glossy fabric is just so...amazing. I mean, that is a rain boot I'd wear even when it wasn't raining. And last but not least, is my favorite trench of all time. Aside from a Burberry trench, but I'm putting those in the unrealistic category. It's the perfect little black trench, not too long, not too short, just a hint of sheen.


Image Sources:
Cardigan: jcrew.com, ruffle dress: jcrew.com, tier dress: jcrew.com, necklace: jcrew.com, wellies: jcrew.com, trench: jcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails