Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kain Label on the Cheap

I've been lusting over and trying to justify buying a Kain Label tank or tee for a little over a year now, and even though I love them to death and am pretty sure I'd wear them enough to justify the pricetag, I just can't bring myself to spend $80 on a tee. I'll probably break down and buy one eventually, but for now I'm satifsying my craving with high-street knockoffs, and believe me, there are plenty. I've tried on the H&M and Forever21 versions, but surprisingly the best alternative to the real deal I've found so far is from Victoria's Secret Pink. That's right, the lingerie store. They've been branching out into basic tees for a few months now, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. On the left/middle is their white version of the Kain tank, and on the right is the Kain pocket tank itself.


For some reason the Victoria's Secret tanks aren't up online yet, but they're $22 for 2 tanks and come in grey, white, black, bright green, and pink. I know, they don't measure up to the Kain tank, but they're pretty darn good for $11 a pop. The main differences are that the Kain pocket is slouchy and the Victoria's Secret pocket is flat, and that the Kain tank is cut a little more roomily and is a little sheerer. I bought the Victoria's Secret tank in a small, but if you want the more oversized look, go with your usual size or even up a size, since they definitely run large. The Pink logo is pretty discreet, just a tiny dog embroidered near the bottom hem in the same color as the shirt, so don't worry about that. My question is, what kind of bra are you supposed to wear with these? I mean, they're racerback, so that pretty much eliminates anything but strapless or sportsbras, and since they're sheer with low armholes, it has to be nude. Where on earth can you find a nude sportsbra? Whatever. I think these would look adorable tucked loosely into a high-waisted skirt, with a basic pair of jeans, or hanging loosely over a tailored pair of shorts. I might actually go back and get two more of these puppies.

Kain Label Pocket Tank, $77 at shopbop.com, Victoria's Secret Pink tanks, $22 for 2 in-store.

Image Sources:
Kain tank: shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails