Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Picks from MAC's Euristrocrats II and Color Craft

Alrighty, so I know I'm a little late with the Color Craft and Euristrocrats II reviews, but better late than never, right? This isn't everything from both collections, just the stuff that I'd recommend checking out/buying.

I have a confession to make. I've never bought a Mineral Skinfinish of any kind. They sound totally awesome, but they scare me. They're so...hardcore. But some of these from Color Craft are so darn pretty that I might just have to face my fears and pony up for one. Or two. I love Hand-Finish (shimmery peachy-pink) and Porcelain Pink (pale pink with shimmer) as highlighters, Hand-Finish for a warmer, more natural look, and Porcelain Pink for more of a dramatic, baby doll look. I also love Sunny By Nature as a nice matte bronzer, and Cheeky Bronze as a more subtle bronzer with more of a golden glow. My hands down favorite is Hand-Finish. It's unique, but it's so, so pretty, and it seems really wearable. The Mineralize Blushes are $21 at maccosmetics.com, and the Mineral Skinfinishes are $27 at maccosmetics.com.


The eyeshadows from Color Craft are all mineral shadow quads, and overall they weren't that impressive (IMO). But I do like Girlish Romp (left, with swatches below), Natural Flare (middle, swatches below), and Fashion Patch (right). Girlish Romp has a lot of super-feminine, pastel, highlighter-esque shades that could make a really fun daytime eye or brighten up any nighttime look. Natural Flare is a gorgeous combination of warm coppers, bronzes, and golds that could make a lovely warm, brown smokey eye. The colors are just so rich and vibrant! They really jump off the screen. Fashion Patch I like because it's a nice on-the-go quad. It has a highlighter, two base shades, and a crease/liner shade. It's not mind-blowing, but it is practical. Mineralize Eyeshadow Quads are $19.50 at maccosmetics.com.


It's no secret that I loved those stacked glosses from the Sugarsweet collection, which were pretty in the bottle but unimpressive on the lips. These glosses actually have pigment, however, and while they're a little more on the mixed side, they come in some fab colors. My three favorites are Funky Fusion (left), Eclectic Edge (middle), and Miss Marple (right). Funky Fusion is a warm, coral pink, Eclectic Edge is a cool-toned violet, and Miss Marple is a muted, creamy pink. I think Eclectic Edge might be my favorite because it has a hint of purple in the shimmer, which is show-stopping, but it's still subtle and chic. Marbleized Lipglasses are $18 at maccosmetics.com.


And here's the highlight of the Euristocrats II collection: more Dazzleglasses! Confession: I don't actually own a single Dazzleglass. I feel like they're kind of a rip-off (smaller tube for more cash? Really, MAC?), but they're so damn sparkly...I love Via Veneto (far right), Rue d'Rouge (second from right), and Euro Beat, (second from left). Via Veneto is basically sheer with violet-blue shimmer, so if you want something that cools down your natural lip color just a bit while adding a ton of dimensional shimmer, this is for you. Rue d'Rouge is a sheer red with gold shimmer that adds just a hint of color (cherry popsicle status). It definitely reads as red, but it's the perfect soft, beginners red for red-phobics like me. Euro Beat is a soft, coral-pink with gold shimmer. It adds a bit of warm pink to the lips and a ton of gold shimmer, so it's a really low-maintenance, natural look with gorgeous shimmer. Dazzleglasses are $18 at maccosmetics.com.


Image Sources:
MSF Swatches: karlasugar.blogspot.com, Eyeshadows: temptalia.com, Shadow Swatches: karlasugar.blogspot.com, Lipglosses: temptalia.com, Dazzeglasses: temptalia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails